• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
If it is Pepper they are getting attached :confused:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Looks like a baby tiel to me. :(

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
They said they decided to keep that one and told us to email again at the end of april for a baby..well
if that was Pepper (though Im starting to have doubts too, but it looks so much like her) Im not sure how we would get her back from them.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Around day 59 now :(
I want to believe she is still alive but it's overwhelming to try thinking of something to do
we've gone weeks without even a sure sighting of her, if she leaves our city it will make things much more difficult

Really hoped she'd be home for Easter too. It's Pepper, Pikachu and Jellybean's first Easter. Spike and Tweety's first with us.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Keep the ads you have up just in case. Like I said I renew the one for Lurch every week just in case he did end up safe somewhere and they get curious where he came from and find me. It's been just about a year now but you never know, miracles happen.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
People keep on pulling them down (especially around the school...bored kids, maybe?) we hang mostly on mailboxes bunched together so many people will see it there but even then someone takes it down.
We'll keep refreshing them though..

I guess on the bright side there's better weather. More sun and less rain for Pepper out there

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I've been thinking of you both lately. :sadhug2:

For the ads, does your area do indoor advertising spaces anywhere? Maybe it comes with where I am, semi-rural, bad weather, and a general lack of telephone poles near walkways, but I've seen several indoor bulletins around where people can post whatever. Just a big cork board or a wall people tape things to.
Maybe if there is this sort of thing where you live the ads would last longer? They aren't going to be ruined by weather and it's harder to vandalize something while a bunch of adults are going about their day 10 feet away.
I've seen them at my vet, in post offices, the university, grocery stores, a laundromat... just public spaces like that.
And people do post lost dogs on them all the time.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I now have a Epson work force 3640 printer and it uses pigment water proof ink. My old hp 990 I just put large sandwich bags over my posters and stapled them up. I've given up on the posters now and just renew my Craigslist ad every week. There also is a website/forum called nextdoor.com that you can post to local members in your area. Posting in store bulletin boards is a great idea too. Anyways either protect your posters with a water proof sandwich bag so they last longer and maybe have some printed with water proof ink as well and they'll last a lot longer. I also have a roofing hammer stapler that really drives in staples deep in a wall or telephone pole.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
We've looked at nextdoor but there isnt one for our neighborhood yet
Yeah we've put flyers up on boards inside Starbucks and other places..

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Someone called today (we had just re-posted fliers near the school that kids have been taking down) and said they saw our flier, realizing Pepper was still missing
and that they had been hearing a bird sound unlike local birds near their house just across from the school, and usually around 7am every morning for a few days now
they said we could leave Pepper's cage at their yard too

It's raining out and already sunset so I can't go out there now but I will be able to go next morning. Trying not to get too excited but this is a possible sign she is around!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Good luck tomorrow! :fingerscrossed: I hope it's Pepper!!!

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Good luck, hoping for the best!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
We went out and it ended up raining. a ton.
Didn't hear anything or see her..we'll keep trying though

We got a very random text from someone saying they have had a bird who looks like Pepper for many months, offering to let us take her free of charge as they have to move.
Says she named it Pepper as well.

Maybe it is actually my Pepper?? We wonder if they caught her and kept her, then started to feel guilty and want to give her back.
But I'm imagining it's really just a kind offer to ease things. We'll probably be checking it out today just incase though

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
and they live in Kenmore, not far. Pepper could have flown there easy

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Good luck! :)

Clueless