• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm still hoping you hear something and can get her home!
:sadhug2:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Hang in there...

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
My Murphy got out and I got him back thanks to a friend posting in Next Door. I had never heard of this site but it is like a local message board. Google Next Door and find your local site and join it. My vet told me the birds usually go less than a mile. My baby was spotted trying to get a drink from a back yard pond. When I went over, he was no where in site. I called him and less than 5 minutes he came flying. He was out for 54 hours. I haven't ready this whole thread so I don't know how long he's been out. Don't give up hope. I was terrified of the local crows. He has clipped wings now.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
She has been out for 70+ days now, no sure sightings reported for atleast 40..50 days I think?
I tried NextDoor but it says there isn't one for our neighborhood- I'm glad to hear you got reunited!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nextdoor lets people from close neighborhoods post to other nearby areas so maybe sign up for the closest one to you and then request your area get added. I tried it with Lurch too but no luck though people did respond about watching for him when I posted it.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
I still think putting up lost and found flyers even at this stage is a good idea...........your bird could be in someones home now because it was rescued but that person or persons doesn't know how or who to get a hold of. I know of a Budgie that was lost for almost a year. A family found it and rescued it and finally a friend of that family found a flyer at a Safeway grocery store and it was the owners of the Budgie........they never stopped replacing those flyers!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I still think putting up lost and found flyers even at this stage is a good idea...........your bird could be in someones home now because it was rescued but that person or persons doesn't know how or who to get a hold of. I know of a Budgie that was lost for almost a year. A family found it and rescued it and finally a friend of that family found a flyer at a Safeway grocery store and it was the owners of the Budgie........they never stopped replacing those flyers!
Lately I haven't been able to hang fliers :(
Whenever my family gives me a chance though I would like to post them all over the city..
I really hope someone has her..there is a another school we need to give a flier to, always a chance a student has her I guess.
I'm really missing her. Keep coming back to this last video I had of her and Pikachu together

Amandas Birds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
Hang in there!! I worry bout my birdies slipping away :peek1: id be devastated i have a net by my door and keys are always by doors just in case.. sending hugs and lots of prayers :bighug:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Hearing about the budgie does help me feel a little more hopeful. Im just worried she'll be caught by a predator or die of sickness/cold weather outside-
or be caught by someone who wants to keep/sell her or relocate and release.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sure you've posted her to Craigslist and watch all the lost and found adds and bird for sale things in your area. A guy just asked me if Lurch had a band which he doesn't so the bird he saw that was found or whatever wasn't him as it had a band but it's been a year and leads still pop up occasionally, especially after I renew or repost his add.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Yes, I constantly watch over pets & lost/found section of CL along with the For Sale area.
There are a few parrot people around here, it'd be great if Pepper could just fly towards such familiar sounds.
(She always knew when we arrived at the bird place near us- the loud screams and chatter used to get her excited)

It'd be so good to have her home.
I hope Lurch shows up at some point too..

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Her first hatchday is coming up.. 19th
And most likely she won't be here to celebrate it :sad9:

I wish she would just land on someone, they call us, we pick her up and then everything would be fine. Its been so many days of cold weather now
Im seeing budgies being found left and right all over the place (which is good! poor birds) but not her..
Without sightings I have no idea of even the general area she could be in now.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:sadhug::sadhug::sadhug:
Still hoping you get some good news about Pepper!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
aaaaaa
we saw an ad on craigslist- the bird looks JUST like her!!
Cage & cockatiel
see the pictures there, then look at Pepper below

Pepper pics:
pepper22.jpg pepper24.jpg
We called (different number than whats on flier) and the guy sounded younger, and we asked how old the bird is and he said "Uhh...I think..I think its young? maybe im not sure" and stuff
he agreed to meet us at 11:30 tomorrow!! they live only 40 mins away..my stomach is doing flips.

If it was her though- I wonder if she'd remember me?? Like I know there are tons of 'tiels who seem to resemble her..I'd hate to bring the wrong bird home and not have room for Pepper

Last edited:

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Does look like her, but the feathers look a bit darker?
I dunno, just compare them when you meet it. I'd be great if y'all were reunited!
Good luck!
:toyou: