• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny's On Her Way Sunday 4/29/18

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
"Some of the adults have a red spot under the base of their tail, and it is not related to gender."

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Never looked under there but the camera caught what could be a fleshy pink spot...

I have no preference but males don't have egg issues. Penny has not had any eggs as referenced from former owner but she has been what looks like regurgitating for me...oooh joy joy.

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
There's the pretty bird out of her cage!!! So beautiful!
Penny is in her cage for reason. Hope to quell her fear & to only have her out when she is comfortable & we are on equal grounds. I don't want to chance any negative feelings so I have been patient & I think its better to err on the side of caution & make out time a reward & something positive.

I think her first owner really understood keeping a hawkhead so I am trying my best to do the same.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Penny is in her cage for reason. Hope to quell her fear & to only have her out when she is comfortable & we are on equal grounds. I don't want to chance any negative feelings so I have been patient & I think its better to err on the side of caution & make out time a reward & something positive.

I think her first owner really understood keeping a hawkhead so I am trying my best to do the same.

Oh yes I was aware of letting her get accustomed, I was just happy to see her. So pretty!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I let Penny out tonight & sang to her. I never had such a captive audience. Sang from Cat s & Phantom Of The Opera & she just looked at me with awe. I offered her my arm & she got on & went on my shoulder even though I tried to keeo my arm at the correct level....oooh so had to get her back onto cage but all went well & we had a nice night!!!

I told her time to get back into her cage & she went back in....

I am in awe!!! & in luv!!!!

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
She is just a delight to look at. What a little treasure Penny is.

I would love to see one of these in person, they are spectacular.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Spent 4 hrs re organizing & moving around furniture...Trying to arrange things so I can set up Penny in the LR when she is out of quarantine.

Then mom called so I took a break & penny started to laugh!

I set up a nice play area for her & she has a playtop.

I opened the door & sad some sweet words & offered my hand.

Penny stepped up from her cage & had a quick time out...Have to get her to stay on the playtop or the play area as she went down to the floor & nibbled on everything!

Out May 12P1030768 red.jpg

Last edited:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
She has a lot of the attitude a well adjusted Pionus has so I think you struck gold in the happy bird lottery. I kept Dobby in his travel/shower cage for a day and took him all the house so he could see his new home. Next day I let him out seeing how he seemed so calm and well adjusted. He flew down to get scritches and then hung out on my bedroom door. He was pretty much good to go right away. Lurch took 6 months just to come out on his own and the next 4 1/2 years to decide I was his chosen one. I'd say you got a Dobby version of a bird so good for both of you.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Thanks, very happy with her progress. She's got a steady personality..not skittish.
Penny is a hawkhead not a pionus.

She seems fine with me...Stepped up twice onto my arms & twice onto a perch...

Really happy about that!!!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Thanks, very happy with her progress. She's got a steady personality..not skittish.
Penny is a hawkhead not a pionus.

She seems fine with me...Stepped up twice onto my arms & twice onto a perch...

Really happy about that!!!
Yep, I realize she's a Hawkhead, just saying she acts a lot like a well adjusted Pionus. She seems like a joy to be around and should be your friend for the rest of her life.