• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny's On Her Way Sunday 4/29/18

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations, what a cutie!:heart: I love her laugh!:xflove:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'm so upset...I started to vac around Penny's cage & she started to take a bath.
I got my camera & thought I pressed the video & was getting a great shot of her when I sadly realized too late that it wasn't recording!!!!

Anyway it seems Penny will take a bath with the vacuum. She dunks her head it & does a handstand dunking as much of her as she can...So...

:omg::faint::heart::heart::heart: accompanied by shouts of joy!!!:blahblah:

Shes all wet & I got a few seconds of that...

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Penny with her ice! :loveshower:

Should be uploaded in 10 min...(1 min to load 3 sec!)

I don't even care that its' not uploaded yet. I'm so excited to see it and it's not like it might not be cute!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I don't even care that its' not uploaded yet. I'm so excited to see it and it's not like it might not be cute!

I kept it short & it still took a long time to load...I think its cute...Now I tried to get a bath shot.
I vacuumed but she was not into it today!:okwink:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
How is Rio adjusting?

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
OMG, how adorable! She sounds like a little squeak toy! Sounds like she was saying, 'Up!' towards the end.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Try editing it down with a better codec to get a quality but much smaller file to upload. I use a video editing program with my HDTV captures and it will convert and edit the raw captures to any other format I want. I've been using H264 mkv format and they get quite a but smaller without loosing quality. H265 is even better but my editing program doesn't support it though I could probably find something free that could do it once I have everything edited down and in a common format like the one I use now.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Have to figure it out...Now I'm just glad to be able to view them as the other camera took them in files I could not open.

The files are not big...much less than some photos. I have to see if I can get some freebie editing software that is safe..

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
OMG, how adorable! She sounds like a little squeak toy! Sounds like she was saying, 'Up!' towards the end.

Penny does do that small soft sort of chihuahua toy bark most of the time. Shes very quiet but were still in the honeymoon period. Most of her sounds are wonderful but she does have one loud :blahblah:
She does not use it that much & I hope it stays that way. Mostly beeps/ smoke alarm sounds, that soft chirp, a grey sort of whistle & a few melodic whistle tunes & one louder jungle tune thats really nice. Thought I heard up a few times already she knows that. Did some sort of low dark whisper talk the other day sound like "something in the mirror" sort of was scary...:omg:

Most of all I love the laugh!!!:heart:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Try editing it down with a better codec to get a quality but much smaller file to upload. I use a video editing program with my HDTV captures and it will convert and edit the raw captures to any other format I want. I've been using H264 mkv format and they get quite a but smaller without loosing quality. H265 is even better but my editing program doesn't support it though I could probably find something free that could do it once I have everything edited down and in a common format like the one I use now.

Found this...thought it was discontinued by MS (movie maker) but they have this on there website but its made by some other company...Wonder if its good???

Get Movie Creator : Free Video Editor - Microsoft Store

Any freeware to recommend not filled with spyware & garbage?

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Like mother, like daughter:)

Actually its like Grandmother like daughter...I like ice but I can also live without it.

My Mom can't drink anything without ice...even to swallow her pills!

Penny likes my homemade buttermilk stone ground corn muffins...We've had them for breakfast...no sugar no oil just eggs & some honey.

I got to get more carrots!!!

I figured out a way to use Paint 3D to edit my old sig & add Penny...Its primitive but it works!

She's still amazing...Such a joy to have in my life!!!

Now that's a unhappy bird...

Happy Penny P1030696.jpg
:cloud9:

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Found this...thought it was discontinued by MS (movie maker) but they have this on there website but its made by some other company...Wonder if its good???

Get Movie Creator : Free Video Editor - Microsoft Store

Any freeware to recommend not filled with spyware & garbage?
Don't bother with that one, loaded with ads and tries to vet you to buy other things to do what it claims to do. The one I use is Video Redo and I liked it enough for what I need to do with my video captures that I paid for it and have paid with a loyalty discount for the latest version a few years ago. I'd Google for good free video editing software then read reviews and pick one or two and see what you like best.
You might already have something built into your OS that works but if you get real serious sometimes a good non overpriced specialty program is really worth paying for.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Also if your internet connection is really slow of course it takes forever to upload a small video, plus most plans are much slower at uploads than downloads.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Actually its like Grandmother like daughter...I like ice but I can also live without it.

My Mom can't drink anything without ice...even to swallow her pills!.

View attachment 276227
:cloud9:

Wow...I meant Like Grandmother like granddaughter...:bash:

Well got another 2 lbs organic tricolor carrots...lil buzzsaw luvs em!