• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Ozzie U2 is not well

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
I was hoping for prayers, or healing energy, and or advice for my Umbrella Ozzie. His WBC is high, and he is not eating very much at all. Second vet appointment is tomorrow. :( I know I dont get on here much. But I knew you all would understand my anguish.

CosmoKramer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zach
Sending prayers for you and Ozzie! Keep us updated :hug8:

Kathy

Rollerblading along the road
I will pray and send healing thoughts for Ozzie. Feel better soon Ozzie!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Will keep Ozzie in my prayers and thoughts. Please let us know what happens at the vet tomorrow. It is so scary when our fids are ill. :hug5:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
sending out lots of thoughts and prayers for Ozzie :hug8:

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
i am so sorry...hoping for good things,hang in there hope the vet finds what is wrong

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
lots of prayers and healing energies on the way:hug8:

Tiger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tiger
:hug8:I am keeping the both of you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the vets can help make him better and fast. Tons of prayers comming your way! :hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Prayers for a full recovery! Please keep us updated.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sending lots of good positive and healing energy!:hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
LOTS of Good Positive Energy coming your way! Please let us know what the vets says when you can...

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so sorry about Ozzie...I will keep him in my prayers and send positive thoughts your way.

emilybsharp

Real Name
Emily
Thank you guys, I will keep u updated.
I just wish I knew more RIGHT NOW. I took him in 2 weeks ago, because he wasnt eating like he usually did. His WBC was 27,800. They gave me Baytril, 0.5cc 2x a day and I followed directions, and his eating is not improving, only getting worse. So I called my vet back and all they did was give me more Baytril. My heart is telling me this is not working.
So i called a different vet, and the tech talked to me before I made my appointment. And said Baytril should be prescribed with an antifungal to prevent yeast infection while on treatment. All I know is I feel lost. Yesterday and this morning I fed him pellet mash, from a syringe. Thats what was suggested to get some of the necessary vitamins and nutrients down him, because hes only been nibbling a little banana, corn, and millet. Which of course is NOT good. I dont know whats wrong with this guy, but I sure hope he gets alright soon. Hes my heart.
Last night he made 2 noises at 2:30 am and I got up from it, (normally a deep sleeper) although it wasnt very loud, and I tried to offer him some food. Just a slice of banana is what he would take. Then I started getting all choked up and teary and couldnt go back to sleep for an hour or so.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Was he ever scratched by a cat or any type of bodily wound? He could have aN anaerobic bacterial infection, MRSA comes to mind? He could need a stronger type of anti biotic like CLAVAMOX.

When Opa(U2) had 54% white blood cells(they didnt tell me in the thousands range what number this was, but since the normal white blood cell count IS BETWEEN 7-19%) and two rounds of baytril ONLY MADE THE INFECTION STRONGER, we immediately put him on CLAVAMOX. Which helps kill off very strong persistent infections.

Just a thought, and I hope it helped. And yes feed him atleast 2-3 times a day 30-40ccs at a time. I personally would forget the mash and just feed him formula for right now. Do not add vitamins or fats to it. Right now your U2's body is very weak from infection, and anything added could really do a number on his organs.

Many MANY prayers coming to you and your U2.:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

emilybsharp

Real Name
Emily
Around 50% should be right or more, Mercedez, because she said normal was around 10,000 or above.
And no, he wasnt scratched by a cat, or anything. :( They even suggested a virus. I have no idea what got all this started.
The vet appointment is today at 12:30. Its an hour drive, so not too bad. They seem a lot more helpful that the vet i seen first. She told me yesterday that they are planning to give me a special formula from there. So thats why I didnt run out to buy the formula. She told me about the pellet mash to use just for yesterday. and this morning because I want him to gain strength, until I can get him on better stuff today.
Thanks for your support, how is Opa?

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Prayers and good thoughts that they find what is going on with Ozzie.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Sending lots of prayers for Ozzie :angel1:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Hopefully it is nothing serious and can be treated with an antibiotic. Keep him warm, 85 degrees in his cage. Do you have a ceramic heat lamp you can attach to his cage?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I sent you a PM. You hang in there, and please keep us updated on Ozzie.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.