• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG!! HELP NEEDED, EGGS A-HATCHING

Shelley#134

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
Hi everyone :)
Just a quick update on Agro and Buzzy's Baby...Charlie!
I am not sure of the gender of Charlie...so...I'll just refer to it as "he"
He was kicked out of the nest about a week ago! But...Agro and Buzzy are still looking after him...teaching him the ropes!
They have taught him how to climb up and down ladders and how to get up on, & down from, the suspension bridge, he is learning to feed himself, and already hops on my hand...walks up my arm, to my shoulder, just to nibble on my ears, for some strange reason :confused:
Here is a couple of photos... Hope they don't come out too blurry, and I hope you like them. 20181013_141607-1-1.jpg 20181012_194548.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
How cute! Good job to all of you :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Little Charlie is just precious! So glad to see the pics. I know you must love him to the moon and back! :heart:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
You are truly lucky to have just one chick to focus on and bond with. I adore cockatiel chicks. My first hatching was a complete surprise and I actually felt myself swaying while standing and looking into the cage at the naked thing on the bottom of the cage, peeping, waiving his wings and head back and forth, calling for his mom! Gracie Tiel has a baby and she a Chip fed him oatmeal, sugar and milk which they age from my breakfast bowl!!! I called my A/V to make sure the oatmeal wouldn't hurt the baby; the first of many, many calls during the month after they hatched.

Enjoy your miracle baby!!!

Shelley#134

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
Awww....Thankyou Finchley and ShezBug, I don't think It would've gone quite so well without your help.
Yes...Fergus' Mom...I do Absolutely Adore Lil Charlie to the Moon, through the Milky Way, and All the Way back again:fairy2:and...Laurul Feather Cat....I absolutely did the same thing :hehe: the rocking that Charlie exhibited...was almost hypnotic, I felt like a looney, rocking along there with him...to No Music :hilarious:

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh my goodness! I don't normally peek into the breeder section but I think I need to because this is such a lovely story!! What a FANTASTIC bird granny you are! Charlie is so precious, and what a proud parent in the photo. :fairy:

Shelley#134

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
Oh My Gosh....Thankyou for your lovely comments/praise d_msparkles.
And...might I add... You are the 1st person on the forum to notice that Cheeky, yet Proud, look on Agro's face
!
As you can see...Agro is a Very proud daddy, It is So Cute how they teach lil Charlie to navigate around the cage, to fly around the room, and the All important...Effective Landing Techniques, I am Absolutely Amazed at how wonderful Agro and Buzzy are as parents...I am so very proud of my gorgeous little family :)