1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent NON URGENT scary morning

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by rocky'smom, 6/26/18.

1. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Hi honey! I use this. Get it at "SPROUTS "..my AV said it's good,. My friend who had the bird store used it also. I put 2 tbs per 2 cups or water. It will be milky looking. But that's ok.I paid about $ 12.00 for it,
    20180626_174132.jpg
    20180626_174256.jpg

2. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

laurie
    Looked for it here, can't find it locally this is what I could find

3. CeciliaZ

CeciliaZ Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Cecilia
    I'm so sorry you had to go through all this...happy to hear Sweet Pea will be OK. And hugs to you, Laurie. I will look into those calcium supplements myself for my tiel.

rocky'smom likes this.
  4. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

laurie
    Some birdie is not happy about the light blast. She finally settled down somewhat. Because of all the nimrods shooting off fireworks, I put the A/C on to drown out the noise. White noise.

Sarahmoluccan likes this.
  5. rocky'smom

laurie
    Antibiotics in, with a fight, Dr Barb called this AM. Calcium can go into, her soft foods, if she is fighting taking it by beak. Dr Tony will look at eggie today. She said it big for a tiel, and lucky that it was, soft shelled, because she may not have been able to pass it if it was hard.

Sarahmoluccan and Tiel Feathers like this.
  6. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    How scary. I'm glad everything is okay.

rocky'smom likes this.
  7. enigma731

enigma731 Sprinting down the street

Has there been any discussion of giving her Lupron? This seems like the kind of situation that would warrant it.

Sarahmoluccan and rocky'smom like this.
  8. rocky'smom

laurie
    I can't afford the cost, even with my family discount, it more then I can afford. Dr Tony said she would need more then 5 shots. We are going to discuss possible testosterone shots to end it for now. They both have appts on Saturday.

9. CeciliaZ

CeciliaZ Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Cecilia
    5 shots of Lupron? My vet started my tiel with one...it has been 7 weeks so far since she has laid her last egg. Would like to hear more about the testosterone injections.

rocky'smom likes this.
  10. rocky'smom

laurie
    That will be after I get home on Saturday.

CeciliaZ likes this.
  11. rocky'smom

laurie
    This morning. 20180627_123750.jpg
    Pretty chipper

12. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    :heart::heart::heart:
    Glad it all worked out and that she is out of danger.

rocky'smom likes this.
  13. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    She’s looking rather confident!:heart:What a cutie. I hope something can be figured out, how stressful!

rocky'smom likes this.
  14. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    @Macawnutz Cha got one (I believe) injection of Depo Provera and it has stopped Cha from laying for several years now.

15. rocky'smom

laurie
    She is a cutie, stubborn, but a sweetheart. Taking her meds is battle every time.
    @saroj12 how long did it take to syringe train your flock? what you use to get them to try the syringe? I have tried treats b/4 and after, things she really loves to eat. She bulks the second she sees that syringe. I hate toweling her.

Sarahmoluccan and Tiel Feathers like this.
  16. rocky'smom

laurie
    Antibiotics in dang it was fight. She gets so upset. She nervous enough being in front of the deck doors. Plus 24 hrs light, we both are wreaks.

17. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    Yup, depo shot. One shot was all she needed to break the cycle.

Sarahmoluccan and rocky'smom like this.
  18. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    Whew scary story but she looks really great. And cute!

I buy the calcium glucconate at tractor supply and draw it up with a syringe and put it in their water. It apparently has no taste. the dose is 2 T to a gallon of water ... I dose it once weekly if no one is acting up AKA laying eggies. IF that’s happening they can have it 3 or 4 times in a week.

Tiel Feathers and rocky'smom like this.
  19. rocky'smom

laurie
    I got a phone call from Dr Tony, egg was whole the yolk intact, thank goodness. He said it was exceptionally large. He also said it was most likely why she was bleeding, and I should be thankful that it was soft shelled. She would have not passed it otherwise. Too scary

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  20. rocky'smom

laurie
    Sweet Pea and I went outside for little while tonight. She ate a broccoli leaf. And chirped at those blasted swallows

Tiel Feathers and CeciliaZ like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)