• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Cage Set-Up for Ki :-)

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Yes, it practically fell together...literally. I was trying to place the first side wall on between the back & front, and it just kind of happened before I even had figured it out. lol
Softening the sharp corners I feel is a must. It was easy tho...I did it with an emery board.

Really easy to put together.

Yes...I take care of an Autistic girl evenings from around 6-7 til 1-3am. I am an artist! and I worked only in my art studio for 20+ years. :) I'll post pics of the cage when its set up! I'm exited that he likes it. How did yours look?
That's how it was for my aluminum travel cage as well..literally so easy you don't even need directions!

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
What cage did you get again? Did you set it up yet??? Thats so exiting. How did they like it?
:lol: It cam several weeks ago! :) B loves it. :) She went absolutely crazy in the tiny cage! Here it is now:
Bridgie's cage.jpg

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, thats right, I remember...I thought you were saying that our cages came one day early (on the same day) ...Du'h!
:lol: I realize that's how it sounds!! Sorry for the confusion!

hockeymomwood

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ellen
I don't have a current one of Sabrina's whole cage... but here are some shots that show you most of it:

I liked the idea of a "wall" of seagrass but then I realized I couldn't hang any perches or bowls or anything in a big spot, and I only have the REALLY HUGE mats that cover a ton of space. Can't seem to find the smaller ones online right now.
Cece- That is awesome! :)

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
Artbird have another question, Did Kings Cages give you a tracking number and let you know your cage was shipped? Or am I just going to have to keep checking the deck? :lol: Been 6 days now since I placed order and my account on their sight still says shipping date N?A
Cant wait to see your finished set up. I am praying that my powder coated corner cage from Kings works out well for us
Thanks

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Artbird have another question, Did Kings Cages give you a tracking number and let you know your cage was shipped? Or am I just going to have to keep checking the deck? :lol: Been 6 days now since I placed order and my account on their sight still says shipping date N?A
Cant wait to see your finished set up. I am praying that my powder coated corner cage from Kings works out well for us
Thanks
Oh my gosh sorry I just now saw this! I am going to assume you've gotten it by now... But yes tracking # and mine came within a week in fact one day early! How is it for you? :)

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
I picked mine up from the trucking co last Friday so just 9 days not too bad. Got the cage set up, now just have to add to it. I am in no huge hurry as Timmy is still unflighted since his hand feeder gave him a drastic wing clip and this cage is so tall. 7 flight feathers have grew out on one wing but none yet on the other :eek:

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
I picked mine up from the trucking co last Friday so just 9 days not too bad. Got the cage set up, now just have to add to it. I am in no huge hurry as Timmy is still unflighted since his hand feeder gave him a drastic wing clip and this cage is so tall. 7 flight feathers have grew out on one wing but none yet on the other :eek:
I'm glad you got your cage. I hate it when they do that.... :mad: I just read of another horrible wing clip up to the bone. It makes me violently angry. I hope he'll be ok.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
So, just reporting on Ki, in his new space. He seems to like it- however, he is a bit of a baby about climbing down from up high...lol

:dancing: Tonight, when I got home, he actually yelled until I came over, he scrambled by the front door, at the floor level, and he flew!!! up to a perch!! It wasn't pretty or calm, tho. He seemed startled that he even did it, and was holding on for dear life (lol) at an awkward angle, until he righted himself onto the two perches that are about 2" apart. . Then he chirped at me, I waited calmly until he was calm, then opened the door and took him out. So, he's having some anxiety about his ability to navigate such a large open space, but I'm delighted that he has just discovered that he can use his beautiful wings even in his cage!! wooo-hoo!

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have the same cage and not as big as you think. Can get crowded easy. Dome top a little hard to reach for hanging things at least for me but manage. I have replaced many plastic bowls and even more of the plastic locks. You have to be very careful with the locks on the feed dishes. Mean while please tell me more about the"loft" an 8X18" sheepskin padded shelf. Thats sound great! I have ordered another cage for my Rose Breasted from Animal Environments, Macaw cage custom bar spacing. Should get it any day. Your design looks great. Have fun with it. I didn't catch what type of bird you have? Beautiful cage easy to move about. My only disappointed is continuing to replace plastic parts.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Ki is a Senegal. There are lots of pics of him on this thread. The sheepskin shelf was in his last cage, it was a covered foam pad 12x18" that was in his loft area. He liked to sleep there. I got the stainless cups. They are so small though....the SS cups in his small cage were twice as big!

Yes...the dome is very hard to reach to hang toys etc.....and the small castors are really cheap, and don't work as well as the ones on his Preview cage .. But we love everything else. It's amazing how cheap they get with some parts on such an expensive cage. :p

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
So, just reporting on Ki, in his new space. He seems to like it- however, he is a bit of a baby about climbing down from up high...lol

:dancing: Tonight, when I got home, he actually yelled until I came over, he scrambled by the front door, at the floor level, and he flew!!! up to a perch!! It wasn't pretty or calm, tho. He seemed startled that he even did it, and was holding on for dear life (lol) at an awkward angle, until he righted himself onto the two perches that are about 2" apart. . Then he chirped at me, I waited calmly until he was calm, then opened the door and took him out. So, he's having some anxiety about his ability to navigate such a large open space, but I'm delighted that he has just discovered that he can use his beautiful wings even in his cage!! wooo-hoo!
:dance5: I have watched several birds climb in their new cages, and the look of crazy gratefulness is so beautiful!! :heart:

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
The stainless steel bowls are not the originals that they were using. I sent them back. They said company went out of business. They were to small and didn't like the fit. The originals were a lot nicer and larger. They sent stainless steel cups out nine months after my original order and explained the situation about the retro fit and I sent them back. Expensive cage and to put plastic cups to start with. Anyway I would not have purchased this cage without the original stainless steel cups that I purchased when I bought this cage. They charged the same for the cheap retro fit dishes you can buy for half the money or less. I was told the cups would be sent to me in a couple of weeks. NOT! Anyway the cage is beautiful but be careful very flimsy and can bend easy if you put any weight on it like when decorating it or cleaning. I think they are discontinuing all, aluminum cages. I also replaced all the wheels, they were cheap and ruining my hardwood floors. They will also bend with any weight. I have replaced locks on all the doors already and cage is less than a year old. I will order a couple of extra plastic locks soon because since they are discontinuing cage parts might not be available. I will use this cage as a back up. I have ordered a custom cage from Animal Environments, stainless steel cage to be delivered soon. Enjoy, nice size for Senegal.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Give Ki time and he will be zipping around like crazy.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Give Ki time and he will be zipping around like crazy.
He is still being a big baby! Doing better, but since he is out most of the time, I think his motivation for exploring is low.
He is so very spoiled. :)