• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New Cage Set-Up for Ki :-)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
:wideyed: These are insane!!! Wow!! Thank you so much. :geek: I will have to play around with this. Funny thing, I am working on building her a ladder similar to that right now. Can't seem to get it quite right but this is excellent inspiration!!! Thank you!! :D
Sure....That corner just seemed like it could be usable. If the mats are too long you could always fold part into a roll or pouch at the bottom... :) Have fun

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sure....That corner just seemed like it could be usable. If the mats are too long you could always fold part into a roll or pouch at the bottom... :) Have fun
What I do with my corner is take some small perches (wooden dowels) and put them diagonally across the corner. I then add a toy on the perch. :)

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
What I do with my corner is take some small perches (wooden dowels) and put them diagonally across the corner. I then add a toy on the perch. :)
I have a sweet bunch of corner flagstone perches coming from Bird On The Rocks, plus John is making a custom long ledge. I try not to use dowels at all, just natural curving branches in a variety of sizes. :)

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I have a sweet bunch of corner flagstone perches coming from Bird On The Rocks, plus John is making a custom long ledge. I try not to use dowels at all, just natural curving branches in a variety of sizes. :)
I bet those rocks will help with his nails as well!!!

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Set it up, soon, soon, soon!!
First, I came home from work at 3a.m. really tired... :sleeping4: so I had to eat some :chocolate: .

I found two huge boxes right outside my door...:bliss:

I unpacked the cage at 4 a.m. :teacher:

:reading: I read the instructions. :cantsee:

I set up the cage at 4:30 a.m. and told myself, ":yourock: ", and, ":iagree: ".
Then, Ki woke up ... and came over to see what I was doin. :senegal: Whatcha doin.jpg

I was putting the perches and cups in, and sanding off the very sharp edges on the corners of the door.!! I almost cut myself. :imok:
Ki sat and watched with much fluffing.:sennie: I said, :toyou: He said :blah:

and then, I placed Ki on a perch on the door. ....He craned his neck looking. :sennie: whaaaaa?
I could tell he liked it! :choir::bounce4: :choir:It was like magic... :rpg9: He said : :loveit:
He even walked over to the food cup, and bit the bars. :wewin: :feeldance2:
He sat on two of the perches, and when he was done, jumped on my shoulder.
That was enough for one night, so Ki went to bed in his cardboard tube on the counter, and I stayed up to answer lil Pigglettester.
All the stuff for his cage hasn't arrived yet, but I'll post pics when I have it set up!!
:queen: I feel like a princess. I rescued my Prince from a tiny cage, and now he can live happily ever after.

The End. :goodnight:

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
First, I came home from work at 3a.m. really tired... :sleeping4: so I had to eat some :chocolate: .

I found two huge boxes right outside my door...:bliss:

I unpacked the cage at 4 a.m. :teacher:

:reading: I read the instructions. :cantsee:

I set up the cage at 4:30 a.m. and told myself, ":yourock: ", and, ":iagree: ".
Then, Ki woke up ... and came over to see what I was doin. :senegal: View attachment 163504

I was putting the perches and cups in, and sanding off the very sharp edges on the corners of the door.!! I almost cut myself. :imok:
Ki sat and watched with much fluffing.:sennie: I said, :toyou: He said :blah:

and then, I placed Ki on a perch on the door. ....He craned his neck looking. :sennie: whaaaaa?
I could tell he liked it! :choir::bounce4: :choir:It was like magic... :rpg9: He said : :loveit:
He even walked over to the food cup, and bit the bars. :wewin: :feeldance2:
He sat on two of the perches, and when he was done, jumped on my shoulder.
That was enough for one night, so Ki went to bed in his cardboard tube on the counter, and I stayed up to answer lil Pigglettester.
All the stuff for his cage hasn't arrived yet, but I'll post pics when I have it set up!!
:queen: I feel like a princess. I rescued my Prince from a tiny cage, and now he can live happily ever after.

The End. :goodnight:
Hehehe love the story with the smilies :lol: :heart: But I'm glad it arrived and was easy to put together! (Minus the sharp edges)

stepbill

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bill
My travel cage from Kings Cage arrived today also but I have yet to put it together. Brought it into the house when I got home for lunch but intend to put it together this evening. Milo has a vet appt., this Friday for a beak and nail trim so we'll use it then. I'll have to let it sit by his cage for the next couple of days so he gets used to it.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Great story!! :D Wow, I thought you were an artist!! Do you normally come home at 3am? I love my sleep!
I'm so excited for you! Of course he liked it!!

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Hehehe love the story with the smilies :lol: :heart: But I'm glad it arrived and was easy to put together! (Minus the sharp edges)
Yes, it practically fell together...literally. I was trying to place the first side wall on between the back & front, and it just kind of happened before I even had figured it out. lol
Softening the sharp corners I feel is a must. It was easy tho...I did it with an emery board.
My travel cage from Kings Cage arrived today also but I have yet to put it together. Brought it into the house when I got home for lunch but intend to put it together this evening. Milo has a vet appt., this Friday for a beak and nail trim so we'll use it then. I'll have to let it sit by his cage for the next couple of days so he gets used to it.
Really easy to put together.

Great story!! :D Wow, I thought you were an artist!! Do you normally come home at 3am? I love my sleep!
I'm so excited for you! Of course he liked it!!
Yes...I take care of an Autistic girl evenings from around 6-7 til 1-3am. I am an artist! and I worked only in my art studio for 20+ years. :) I'll post pics of the cage when its set up! I'm exited that he likes it. How did yours look?

Last edited:

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, it practically fell together...literally. I was trying to place the first side wall on between the back & front, and it just kind of happened before I even had figured it out. lol
I feel your pain!! The hardest part of assembling cages for me is the top and keeping the sides up!