• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

new bird owner!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Your not an idiot, please don't feel that way. I like keeping birds in pairs as you have taken on. I personally think they have less phobias. I have a great bond with my pair. We are flock , I personally think we could never fully fulfill the need that a same species can provide. You are fortunate that they get along. They have a lovely walk-in aviary from what I can see. My husband and l found a huge eucalyptus branch to put in our walk-in aviary here's some ideas for your birds habitat...

View attachment 241828 View attachment 241829 View attachment 241830

Love your guys and their aviary:)

Smattext

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Scott Mattingley
Your not an idiot, please don't feel that way. I like keeping birds in pairs as you have taken on. I personally think they have less phobias. I have a great bond with my pair. We are flock , I personally think we could never fully fulfill the need that a same species can provide. You are fortunate that they get along. They have a lovely walk-in aviary from what I can see. My husband and l found a huge eucalyptus branch to put in our walk-in aviary here's some ideas for your birds habitat...

View attachment 241828 View attachment 241829 View attachment 241830

Wow! That's awesome it looks as though we have the same aviary though it looks like yours is out side I am planning on building an outside aviary this summer thanks for the pics gives me good ideas

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Wow! That's awesome it looks as though we have the same aviary though it looks like yours is out side I am planning on building an outside aviary this summer thanks for the pics gives me good ideas
It is outside, that's their outside safe place when the weather is nice. One of these days I'll get one inside

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yep their my baby's...I am completely owned by them ,and I wouldn't have it any other way. :heart:

They are so pretty they almost look fake...:heart:

Guess they are missing alot of outside time lately unless they like rainy cool weather.
Still out winters are nothing like Colorado or Canada...

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
We share the family room. Their out most ofthe time. I forgot to mention that I have a iron patio chair in the walk-in aviary. I sit in their with them and have my coffee.
I converted a bakers rack for their play gym

Attachments

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Our new kidos made it to the kitchen today to have breakfast with us yoo hoo!!
That's a great perch idea! They're so beautiful. When I was little I dreamed of having a scarlet, but I think I'm happy living vicariously through people here.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:yah: I'm glad they are settling in a bit!