• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Neutrino

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ho my gosh the fluffyness !
She was quite fluffy tonight. :) I was nuzzling the back of her fluffy head the whole time she was out. The best is when I softly kiss her little head and she closes her eyes for a minute. :heart2: Mama loves you, Nutella!

BigMacWonder

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love your cage setup! She is so cute!!! My order just dispatched yesterday, 14 days after I ordered. :cautious: can't wait to put in more toys and perches after seeing yours...:lol::lol::lol:...it's very NICE!!! :dance4::dance4::dance4:
Thank you! I'm glad you like it. :) (These things sometimes take forever to arrive!)

Kellie728

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
Guess I shouldn't complain about our cage selection, but still....

How does she feel about balsa?
I don't know, not sure i've tried that yet.

I will not tell Olive that you said Neut-Neut is cuter!
Oh boy, that would not be good.:hehe: Olive is my baby, but Neut is so small and cuddly looking.

the white pest was flitting all around her cage again and I think the tiny one exhibited some possessiveness/territorial behavior!!
Good for Neut. Who knows, in time she may give Snerkie a run for her money.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Guess I shouldn't complain about our cage selection, but still....
We can still complain! Cages are lacking everywhere in some way or another. I just don't get it.

Oh boy, that would not be good.:hehe: Olive is my baby, but Neut is so small and cuddly looking.
You'd definitely get "da bitez", hehehe! Neut is very small and cuddly, so Olive will just have to forgive you! Olive is a gorgeous girl, so surely she can't mind a little baby Neut-Neut. ;)

Good for Neut. Who knows, in time she may give Snerkie a run for her money.
Oh goodness, let's hope not, at least not towards people! She's so precious. As much as I love the mako eel, it would be nice to have Neut stay my sweet girl!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's really testing my patient. :D

We are lacking in everything relates to parrots. A bigger cage just being delivered yesterday, TBH, I don't like it but that's all I could have in this town.
I'm sure shipping from other places in the world is a nightmare cost-wise, too, huh? :(

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Definately not towards people. But maybe just a little towards Snerkie :sneaky: to show Snerk that she can't be pushed around.
She'd be one brave little Neut! Not even I challenge that Snerk, lol!! When she is in the mood, she is like the queen regulator around here! :eek:

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
I'm sure shipping from other places in the world is a nightmare cost-wise, too, huh? :(
Sure it is, hun, sure is! Unfortunately, this is my only option to have some decent toys and accessories. I did find some toys in West Malaysia though...I still have to ship but the distance is a lot shorter.

I found some good stuffs in Crazy for Bird Toys!! Hmm...looks like another online shopping for my fids soon... :lol::lol:

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
I have the same problem where I live, any cages I'd order online need to be shipped by air which means no free shipping Ever! For me! I'm hoping To find some nice big cages at a local shop. I can get the cheaper plastic type cages shipped to me from Amazon but the nice cages with stands are impossible to have shipped unless I can purchase them locally. We have a Petco but it does not carry the nice cages. Choices and options in regards to anything parrot related are very limited here.

Kellie728

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
When i go online is see alot of cages through Petco, but that doesn't mean they are actually in the store. They are probably just ones you can buy online. I wonder if you explained your situation to them if they would order one for you and have it shipped to the store? Doesn't hurt to ask.

Justlinda

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Linda
I have made a few rope perches myself, using cotton clothesline, then braiding it. I have to tie it to the cage, so it doesn't look as pretty as the attachments at the end of the purchased heavy rope, but waaaaaay cheaper.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have the same problem where I live, any cages I'd order online need to be shipped by air which means no free shipping Ever! For me! I'm hoping To find some nice big cages at a local shop. I can get the cheaper plastic type cages shipped to me from Amazon but the nice cages with stands are impossible to have shipped unless I can purchase them locally. We have a Petco but it does not carry the nice cages. Choices and options in regards to anything parrot related are very limited here.
What about Wayfair? Not sure where you are and I'm on my cell at the moment. (I also think @Kellie728's suggestion of having the Petco order something into the store for you is a good one!)

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
What about Wayfair? Not sure where you are and I'm on my cell at the moment. (I also think @Kellie728's suggestion of having the Petco order something into the store for you is a good one!)
I got Beeps cage that she hated from Wayfair awhile back, it's a nice cage with a stand that my GCC now lives in. If I remember correctly it took near a month to get to me after ordering it. There is a local shop here that does have some nice big cages with stands that are already set up, I'm hoping they have them in boxes in the back because I don't own a truck to haul one with. I'm going to look this weekend at the shop and HOPEFULLY get Beep her lovie friend, no guarantees though! Lol

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
I felt your pain!!!! I have the same problem. We have only ONE pet store that carry some bird toys and cages. However most of their toys and cages are either not suitable or bad quality. Their stainless steel cages or stands, I suspect were China made...just don't look like good stainless steel finishing. My birds like to chew, they don't really care about the swing and hanging toys unless there are something to chew at.
:hehe:

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
I'll have too see if they are China made and what the bar spacing is. Now that I think about it the Wayfair cage seemed to take most of the summer to arrive, prob two or three months. I remember waiting forever and decided I wasn't going to go that route again.