• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Mika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
Maybe some day in the distant future, but that is between you, your boyfriend, and Raptor. Absolutely it's understandable how you feel right now and no one should question your decision should you choose to remain a one bird home.

Also, is there any chance Rappy is picking up on your grief and trying to make this painful time any easier for you? Consoling you in his own Raptor way? They are super intuitive, he could tell you are upset. I know he'll never fill the hole that's been torn in your heart but I hope he can give you some smiles in this hard time.

I'm just... I don't know what to say. We all miss your little ball of cotton.
Thanks... and no, Rappy isn't picking up on my grief. While I agree they are intuitive, Raptor isn't like that for some reason. I've been very sick, very hurt emotionally, etc in the past and Raptor never altered his behavior according to my feelings - probably because I'm usually viewed by him as the one trying to break him and my bf up. Mika, on the other hand, was like that. Whenever I was sick or sad, Mika would cuddle at my neck and bite my bf hard if he came near (where normally he never would bite my bf). I honestly think Raptor has done a 180 because of the lack of birds in the house. His previous house had three large birds and Raptor was the bully and aggressor, which is why he got rehomed, and his home prior to that had a ton of birds (we don't know if he was aggressive then, we just know the husband had to rehome ALL the birds because of the wife). He hadn't gone a day without other birds around.

We will see. Time will show whether this change in behavior is temporary. Even if it is temporary, I don't know if I'll ever be ready for another bird. I guess that is something else only time will show. I'm just glad my bf didn't do what he talked about doing once Mika's time came... he said he'd bring home a basket of baby lovebirds to have my pick. He used to always say I can never be sad with baby lovebirds with black on their beaks. After Mika passed, my bf didn't know what to do but I told him above all else not to bring home any babies. I know he means well, and he is still hoping that one day I'll be ready for another baby because he wants to give me that.

...I just wish I could go back to 2001 and start my life over again with Mika. He was my soulmate.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maya I am so sorry for your loss :( Its obvious there was such a special connection between you two. :sadhug:

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Maya I'm so sorry for your loss :hug8:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Others loved Mica including myself. You shared him with all of us through his pictues. What a guy and I do understand the feelings of loss. :hug8:Do take care.

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I'm so sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
I am so sorry.

He had an amazing life with you, though. You took care of him in a way that I don't often (before coming here) see people do, with such small birds.
So many toys and huge cages and sunny outside time.

That you loved each other very much is evident in your posts here.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry Maya. :sadhug2:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am so sorry for your loss Fly free little one :hug8::hug8::hug8:

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
:sadhug:
Just now seeing this. :sad1: I have no words to adequately express my distress at hearing the news.
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.
Fly high and fly free, dearest Mika. You will be greatly missed by those you left behind.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I'm so sorry for your loss :sadhug:

ConureCrazy2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Yasmin
:sadhug:I'm very sorry for your loss of your beloved Mika. Fly free
precious Mika. :hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

...I just wish I could go back to 2001 and start my life over again with Mika. He was my soulmate.
This is one of the hard parts about losing someone or a loved animal companion, wishing for more time or do overs :(

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.