• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Mika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
Oh Maya, I'm so sorry.:sadhug2:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Matt

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that he is somehow able to let you know he made it over the bridge and is okay. While I know how much pain your feeling try and keep yourself open so you don't miss his message.

Ginger

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Fly Free, Wings High little Mika .. you were loved beyond words. Watch over your family from above and be their feathered Guardian Angel.

Maya .. you are an inspiration to many here. Your dedication to Mika's health went above and beyond what most people would have done. Mika's life was much longer, much fuller and overflowed with love and caring because of you and all your efforts. My thoughts are with you during this time .. hugs to you and yours. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
oh Maya, I am so very very sorry...fly free and high little one, free and high.:hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so very sorry for your loss :heart::hug8::heart:

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I am glad you shared your sadness with a few friends. The flowers and the bracelet from Ming are just so perfect. She is a wonderful, caring person.
Very sorry for the loss of your special little bird, Mika.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Oh no, I am so deeply sorry, Mika was such a special boy, he was loved by everyone
:hug8::hug8:

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
:sad1: Oh Mika ... I'm so, so sorry Maya. I know how much you loved your little Mika. He will be very much missed :sadhug2:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh Maya.. :sadhug: I am truely very sorry for your loss.. :hug8: Fly sweet little one.. :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about not being able to tell anyone for awhile. When I lost my BCC I was not physically able to speak from the crying.

GlassOnion

I'm very sorry to hear. :( :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im sorry, fly free little man.:hug8:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Thank you, everyone. And yes, I would have literally done anything and everything for Mika. I would have traded places with him if I could. Unfortunately all of my efforts and continuous vet visits couldn't have predicted a stroke. I know after all is said and done he is better off now not having to heave violently day after day but it doesn't hurt my heart any less. Things are a bit hard here at home right now... the bf is completely understanding but he is having to suffer while I mourn. I'm definitely not "me" and I don't know when I'll be able to function normally again.

While it may be the grief talking, I don't want another bird. I've sold off a cage so that I don't have an empty one staring me in the face day in and day out. Raptor is behaving much better - almost like a completely different bird - where he's not on edge all the time. He seems to really like not having any other birds in the house to frustrate him and that is another reason why I don't want another bird. While I can never say never for anything in life, it would take one h*ll of a bird to make me want one again. Especially because if I got another bird Raptor would probably go back to being on edge and frustrated again. I'm not sure how I'd be able to justify that. I don't know.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Maybe some day in the distant future, but that is between you, your boyfriend, and Raptor. Absolutely it's understandable how you feel right now and no one should question your decision should you choose to remain a one bird home.

Also, is there any chance Rappy is picking up on your grief and trying to make this painful time any easier for you? Consoling you in his own Raptor way? They are super intuitive, he could tell you are upset. I know he'll never fill the hole that's been torn in your heart but I hope he can give you some smiles in this hard time.

I'm just... I don't know what to say. We all miss your little ball of cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.