• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Mika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
Today marks two weeks since he's passed away.

I had initially told a handful of people, my closest bird friends. I put it on my IG, since there aren't many people I personally know on there, and a few days later made a blog post, again since I don't personally know many people who read my blog. I had refrained from telling people on my FB and here until now. While I'm not sure exactly why, I think part of it may be because I just didn't want to deal with the barrage of condolences at the time. I just needed time to myself. I'm still not sure I'm ready...

I actually try to avoid this section of the forum. It's not that I'm insensitive to those who have lost a bird/family member but I just don't like seeing bird after bird go, leaving broken hearts behind. It was also hard because I struggled with Mika's mortality for years. Ever since his immune system became compromised thoughts of his death would randomly pop into my head and I'd cry hysterically. After he turned 10, the somewhat "middle age" for lovebirds, it became more and more frequent. I don't think I went an entire week without randomly crying once over his probable shorter lifespan ever since.

And now he's gone. Necropsy showed his kidney was swollen and had acute hemorrhaging so the vet said he probably died from a stroke. I got him cremated and he's now waiting for his resting place to arrive in the mail.

In these past couple of weeks, I've had the wonderful support of the friends I've never met and Ming sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a bracelet with Mika's initial on it. Again, thank you so much, Ming. I still haven't been able to read the entire poem that was in the card. Maybe once I'm over my grief...

I loved Mika more than anything on this earth. Words can't describe how much I'll miss him.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
:sadhug2: I'm so very sorry for your loss, Maya. Mika was one of those little faces here on the avenue that I always loved to see. His little face always brought a smile to mine.

Fly free, and fly high, Mika! You will be missed by many here. :sadhug2:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Oh Maya, I am so very sorry for your loss!
I know how hard it is to loose a feathered family member.:(
Fly high little Mika.
:hug8:

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry Maya. :sad1: I hoped you guys would have many more years together. Fly free sweet Mika! :sadhug2:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mika, my thoughts are with you. :sadhug:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:( I'm so sorry Maya :hug8:

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I am so sorry Maya...:hug8: what a beautiful bouquet and bracelet, Ming! lovely, remembrance of Mika.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
My deepest sympathies on your loss of Mika.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I avoid this area of the forum too, but my heart fell like a rock when I saw Mika's name on the "last post." :(

I'm so sorry for your loss, he was a very special little bird.

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
Oh Maya, I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly high and free sweet Mika. :sadhug:

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Fly free Mika.:hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Oh no. I am so sorry. So, so sorry. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Mika was so lucky to be loved by you - and you were equally blessed to be loved by him.

:sadhug:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Oh No!!!!!! So very sorry to read of Mika's passing. I loved looking at your beautiful siggy and his sweet little face. Many hugs to you. Fly high, sweet Mika.

JackDele

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Adele
:sadhug: Oh Maya, I'm crying so hard right now. Mika was just such a beautiful little one, inside and out. I know what you mean when you say you've thought about this day. I have the same thoughts about Jackie. Their lives are just far too short :( Please remember the good times.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss,Mika was such a special boy and loved by so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.