• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie owners in the Maryland area

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes. As a matter of fact I just got off the phone with the dog trainer. She’s pretty pricy. She charges $70 to come to my house plus $155 an hour. She thinks she may only need an hour. What have you heard about her? Is she really that good?
I only know the one neighbor of mine that worked with her to calm down her formally abused rescue. I see the dog all the time and she does seem happier but still very skittish. So I honestly have no opinion about the trainer, I just knew of the name and wanted to share in case it would be of help.

shutterlove

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda Meyers
Thanks for the referral. I will probably try her. If my dog calms down even 50% it will be worth it. When Brian raised Rascal at his house he told me his dog barks incessantly so Rascal doesn’t even flinch when my dog barks. It’s just really annoying to us, not the bird. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if the bird starts picking up the dog sounds and starts barking ?

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the referral. I will probably try her. If my dog calms down even 50% it will be worth it. When Brian raised Rascal at his house he told me his dog barks incessantly so Rascal doesn’t even flinch when my dog barks. It’s just really annoying to us, not the bird. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if the bird starts picking up the dog sounds and starts barking ?
You will lose your mind with barking in stereo!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
And I switch it all around at least once a week.
You will lose your mind with barking in stereo!
Seriously! I don't have a dog but when my lovebird gets going and my conure starts..... He sounds like he's barking. Makes me feel like I'm going to lose it!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Guilty as charged :p
Nobirdy wants a boring home! :budgie8::budgie2:
I sometimes deliberately pack my lovebird's cage if she's being hormonal. Keeps her busy to have to chew everywhere.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
That is good thinking!

Jo is doing what we call the “morning obstacle course” right now. Literally zooming around the entire cage, tapping everything with that beak. All you hear is jingle, rattle, chirp ack ack repeat.. like 20 times lol
It’s so fun to watch, it’s actually the reason I don’t hate mornings anymore!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
o is doing what we call the “morning obstacle course” right now. Literally zooming around the entire cage, tapping everything with that beak. All you hear is jingle, rattle, chirp ack ack repeat.. like 20 times lol
It’s so fun to watch, it’s actually the reason I don’t hate mornings anymore!
That's so cute! :heart2:

shutterlove

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda Meyers
I love the way Rascal hangs upside down by one claw and spreads his wings out like a bat when I spray him with water. When he’s on my shoulder he likes to play with my hair. He’s soooo sweet. I guess it’s like you child before they hit adolescence.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love the way Rascal hangs upside down by one claw and spreads his wings out like a bat when I spray him with water. When he’s on my shoulder he likes to play with my hair. He’s soooo sweet. I guess it’s like you child before they hit adolescence.
Aww yeah, Gigi loves her baths and she leans so far down and angled that she sometimes falls off her bath perch. She really gets in the zone.

I just got back from the vet for Gigi's physical and nail clip. She did great and is napping on her play gym now.