• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie owners in the Maryland area

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Rascal is beautiful. It's magical to see that the tiny naked dehydrated baby that Brian & I saved is grown up and happy <3

shutterlove

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda Meyers
Brian is amazing. What are Rascals parents like? Do they talk ?

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
View attachment 311237 View attachment 311238 View attachment 311238 View attachment 311237 View attachment 311238 View attachment 311237 That’s a beautiful cage. I had a King cage for my sun conure but gave it away. I have a smaller cage now but it has a cool ramp that opens up so Rascal can come down it and watch me in the kitchen without getting into trouble.
If you still have them, you should replace those dowels with natural wood perches, they're better for your bird's feet.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww hello Rascal! What a cutie!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I need to take a pic of Gigi's cage loaded with all of it's stuff but it's in front of a window right now and the picture isn't turning out. But she has 2 boings, a rope swing, 7 natural perches and 6 toys that I rotate. I was told that Linnies like a jam packed cage. Gigi does not fly in her cage, she walks from perch to swing to boing or along the walls and floor.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Brian is amazing. What are Rascals parents like? Do they talk ?
They used to, but not lately. They're pretty chill but not too friendly. They're (as is typical for linnies) unpredictable parents. With some clutches they're amazing, and others they refuse to raise.

shutterlove

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda Meyers
To Kiwi’s mom. Thank you for the suggestion. I will change the perches.

shutterlove

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda Meyers
To Matto: obviously they are really prolific. It seems like most of the Linnies from Maryland are related to each other because of you. Keep up the good work. That’s so strange how one minute they are good parents then when they have another clutch they ignore them.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
They're not part of the Family, but here are my boys. Caspar is cobalt and Emrys is turquoise. They're a bonded pair. 20190801_173609.jpg

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Im obsessed with all these Linnie pics :heart: They are all soo beautiful!

I love how they have that horizontal stance thing going on too. Since they’re all doing it, I assume that’s a Linnie thing?

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Im obsessed with all these Linnie pics :heart: They are all soo beautiful!

I love how they have that horizontal stance thing going on too. Since they’re all doing it, I assume that’s a Linnie thing?
Yep and that's part of why they're called linnies. They rest in a line. And of course they're "lineolated."

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
They are so beautiful. I love their colors Did you say that they can talk?
They can't... I'm trying to teach them to say cuckoo like the cuckoo bird but I haven't been trying very hard. Emrys actually does this neat buzzing sound, reminds me of that instrument called a "jews harp." I have been unable to record him doing it, unfortunately.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Gigi talks. She just said "Holy cow, there are some Linnies that aren't related to me? Hey boys."

I love your guys @Leih and their jam packed fun cage.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Oh Gigi talks. She just said "Holy cow, there are some Linnies that aren't related to me? Hey boys."

I love your guys @Leih and their jam packed fun cage.
Oh all three cages are full of stuff. I can't remember who it was that was laughing about how much stuff was in their bird birds'cage, it wasn't you @JoJo&Loki was it?

shutterlove

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda Meyers
Dona: How old was Gigi when she started to talk. Rascal makes kissing noises and I swear when he gets excited he tries to imitate my laugh.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dona: How old was Gigi when she started to talk. Rascal makes kissing noises and I swear when he gets excited he tries to imitate my laugh.
Gigi does not say any human words. She is an excellent mimic with dozens of different sounds, whistles, beeps, buzzes, lasers, kisses, and chortles. She started with those sounds very early on, probably before 4 months old she could do 3 trick whistles and different kisses. Many on request. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rascal does your laugh! Although Linnies are known to be good mimics, they certainly aren't thought of as good talkers. I think Matt said that males do talk more than females.

Did you have any luck with calling the dog trainer?

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I need to get Rascal some more toys.
Definitely load up the cage, maybe slowly at first, if Rascal is concerned. But eventually he should really enjoy chewing and playing with toys. Gigi is very busy in her cage and doesn't consider it a bad place to be. Today I switched out all her boings, perches, and swing. When I finished she went back into her cage, much earlier than usual, and stayed there, checking out all the changes.

shutterlove

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda Meyers
Yes. As a matter of fact I just got off the phone with the dog trainer. She’s pretty pricy. She charges $70 to come to my house plus $155 an hour. She thinks she may only need an hour. What have you heard about her? Is she really that good?