• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Chat

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am starting this thread so we can talk about any subject that comes to mind. This idea crossed my mind because the Falling Linnies thread was getting on other topics and they were good ones. I will start with the topic of talking because someone asked me a question about that. My male has been talking and whistling since he was 5 months old. He says a variety of things fairly clearly like "Your a good boy Kobe", "Hello Kobe", "Step Up" and "tickle, tickle". We are working on Bye Bye. Tango is 6 months old now and I hear no efforts for human speech now. Females are supposed to have the ability to talk also. Anyone else's Linnie talking?

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
None of my birds talk. Although when I talk to them, they pin their eyes (at least Stitch's does, I can't tell on Pikachu's red eyes) and sometimes they make a croaking sound...maybe they are saying "hello", but even I can't recognize it. They don't even copy any whistles I make, although I have my "contact call" whistle and they know it's my call, they don't attempt to copy. When I was younger, we had a BFA that would pick up words like a toddler, but we never had to teach him or make any effort, he just picked words he liked.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How old are your Linnies? I am home all day so I do interact with my birds quite often.

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
I have 2 females. One is going to be 1 year in August. Cynder I know she's over a year old... wasn't able to find out her hatch day. Both don't talk but mimic sounds

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am surprised because I thought most Linnies spoke human. Its really not important for a bird to speak human, just cute and Linnies are already so cute.

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
I read on some spots that males are more likely to talk than females. I'll be surprised if Loki starts talking I have worked with her but kinda let it be now.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Do you have a preference for one color over another? The breeder of Tango tries for only green because it is their natural color. Tangos hatch mates were all green.

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I love the cobalt, the mauve second. I like the greens next and the ino last (don't tell pikachu ;)). I think it's good to not lose the wild color, but a blue mutation is usually my favorite (blue budgies, Quakers, etc). Originally I wanted one "blue" bird and one green, but I ended up with a lutino (I guess that's green :D).

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Double factor turquoise greywing is my favorite linnie mutation.
I prefer turquoise and the off shoots of it. SF greywing, DF greywing, regular and creamino.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This breeder said the blues are more popular and that is why she is trying to produce and preserve the natural color. . Colors Seems to be a concentration of Linnie breeders in southern Pennsylvania.

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
I love the olive! and then Turquoise. Cynder looked really grey than blue at first then she kinda got more blue grey I think getting her on a better diet helped.

Love yellows and cremos!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That's so cute. I do not think one can take a photo of a Linnie that is not totally sweet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Wow that Linnie land for sure. After you see photos of a turquoise like my Tanto they look so much alike
Guess I will have to add shelving to cage top. Love all the ladders. Bet you have lost of poop to clean off the play area. You have me thinking now.