• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Chat

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@Joelle how is your bird doing with flying?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
It's a happy Linnie day here. I took Kobe into the bathroom as usual to perch. Only this time I held him up high on my finger and he flew across the room to his cage top. I don't think he realized his flights are all grown back. It must have sunk in when he was up high. Poor little Tango has not even begun to drop the cut flight feathers.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
:party1:Any Linnie owners chatting? I got Kobe from a man that did not want him any more because his job demanded lots of travel. I contacted the breeder from the leg band and he said Kobe was hatched towards the end of October so I have no specific date. So we celebrate his one year of age for the next few weeks. He is a very good boy and seem to love humans, even strangers. Happy Hatch Day Kobe!

sept 004.JPG

Last edited:

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Happy Hatchday!

Joelle

Walking the driveway
@Joelle how is your bird doing with flying?
@Lady Jane thanks for checking in, my Linnie Aura has all his feathers grown in and he's flying like a pro when he does decide to. Linnies really do like climbing more.
On a different note, I am wondering if there is an area of this site for potential adoptions. I am going to be travelling for the next year and my husband works 9-5 - and I am looking at the possibility of finding my guys a home where they would have more interaction and potentially other Linnie friends in a bird room set up. Please let me know if you have any tips on people who may want to adopt, and who live in Ontario, Canada. We are in Toronto.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That is a shame you must find another home for Aura. How about finding a foster home instead? If you were in the US I would take him in for you and keep him until your travels are completed. You can post here Rehome Highway.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am bumping up this wonderful thread again for the new Linnie members to read and add to.

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
Hi Lady Jane, your Kobe and Tango are adorable! How old are they now? They're both so beautiful!

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
I took a chance on ordering this toy not knowing if it would be too big for Charlie. But she loves getting her favorite treats out out of the cups, gets excited when I hang it up, and angry when I take it away for cleaning. :) 0625181315b.jpg

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anna, what a cute set up you have for Charlie! Love the branch and platform leading to a view of the window! And that toy! Whoa, I wonder what Gigi would think of it!?! Remind me, is Charlie a normal green or dark?

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Another question Anna. I posted in the cage section that I wanted to buy a bigger cage for Gigi. I got some ideas on brands to consider. But I might hold off because she is playing hard and falling to the bottom of her cage a few times daily. Can you tell me what kind of cage Charlie is in? Size, brand? Do you like it, does she use it all, does she fall to bottom and is it a problem? TIA. :)

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So attractive :) I love the 3 greens together!

upload_2018-6-26_10-34-23.jpeg

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
Can you tell me what kind of cage Charlie is in? Size, brand? Do you like it, does she use it all, does she fall to bottom and is it a problem? TIA. :)
Hi Dona,
First, I really dislike the cage I have her in. I wouldn't recommend it. The doors aren't big and there is no playtop. It measures approx 15" x 14" x 28" high.
She does use the whole cage though, always seems to be in a different spot when I walk in. She has just gotten use to coming out and exploring. The "foraging toy" really helped with that. I have perches from top to the very bottom so I haven't seen her have a problem if she slips and falls.

I had a couple of cages many, many, years ago that I liked much better. I REALLY liked the large openings. Makes it easy to clean and the parakeets seemed to love just hanging out and playing on the outside. I too want to get a larger cage. I eventually want to get the larger cage with the stand below or something similar. I loved that cage.
These pics are similar to the cages I had.
FirstCage.JPG
BestCAge.jpg

Last edited:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OK, thanks for the info. I am really struggling with the cage issue. I was hoping you had a good idea for me. The search continues...

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
What problems are you having? What kind of cage do you have? I believe the cages I had in the past were Mcage brand.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for that short reply before. I was multitasking. :)

I have a Vision cage. It's the L01 that is 29.5Lx15Dx21.5H. I like the cage a lot (despite negative comments about this cage here) but I would like something bigger.

I want the new cage to be horizontal (at least 30" W) but not overly high, have food dish access from outside and high in cage, have a waste drawer that slides out, I want to be able to move it between 2 rooms each day (carry or wheels) and I want it to be good quality. And it should be white or light in color. Hard to believe that's so hard to find.

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
I can understand why you're having a difficult time. Most cages seem to be vertical and the horizontal ones seem to be the breeding cages. Good luck with your search!! Hopefully someone here can help!!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is my favorite at this point, but it's so big!

Avian Adventures Loro Flight Bird Cage

But it's more vertical too.