• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Chat

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
Oh my goodness! That's an awesome set up!! That like a dream set up for my birds. One day!

Joelle

Walking the driveway
Wow that Linnie land for sure. After you see photos of a turquoise like my Tanto they look so much alike
Guess I will have to add shelving to cage top. Love all the ladders. Bet you have lost of poop to clean off the play area. You have me thinking now.
Thanks! They love the ladders (all linnies do right?) and different platforms. They don't care as much for the hanging ladder made of natural apple branches! The poop seems to fall right into the cage, so no clean up on upper surfaces luckily :)

Joelle

Walking the driveway
Is there anything you find linnies love to play with? I'm always looking for ways to get them to play more.

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Both my Linnies talk, and they are females.

Maui says: Pretty,pretty bird, baby bird, hello Maui. Tiki GET OFF(when Tiki is on her favourite toy)

Tiki Mimics songs, she whistles them, says pretty bird, no, Hello Tiki,and out out out! When she wants out of the cage.

As for toys, both of them like bells and things they can tear up like soft wood of paper, but they also like hoops. They also chase small balls made for cats around on the floor :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Wish you could get a video of this cuteness.

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I'll try and get a video, it always seems that they talk or do something cute when I don't have my camera, and when i do, they just stare off into space.
Haha, sounds like my linnies. Also, when I try to take a picture with my iPad all I get is fanning tails.....well at least spotted linnie butts are cute

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Try and use a regular digital camera instead of cell phone or ipad if you can.

Joelle

Walking the driveway
Hi all, I have a question that I'm not sure is specific to linnies. I posted it in a different thread last week but thought I'd try here too. My Aura recently sprouted all his flight feathers back after a night fright when he dropped them all. Took about a month. For the year I had him he hasn't flown much since his wings had been clipped by previous caretaker, anyway now he's flying a ton but as linnies do, takes some clumsy landings to the floor. Twice now he's fallen beside my fridge but on a rack and though it seems disorienting, he catches himself. Now whats weird is that after these two fridge incidents on different days, when I bring him to his cage he is wobbly and off balance and stretches one wing high above him. It is scary and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this? After about a minute of looking a bit drunk, he's completely back to normal. Had him examed a month ago, all was fine.

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Hmm I have a female Linnie named LILO she is a Cobalt blue Linnie. Unfortunately she doesn't talk, but that hasn't stopped me from trying... She clicks at me when I enter the room or uncover her in the mornings. I have done this so my birds don't get frightened when I am uncovering them. I also say good morning, hello and hi. My female conure and male Parrotlet talk.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Hi all, I have a question that I'm not sure is specific to linnies. I posted it in a different thread last week but thought I'd try here too. My Aura recently sprouted all his flight feathers back after a night fright when he dropped them all. Took about a month. For the year I had him he hasn't flown much since his wings had been clipped by previous caretaker, anyway now he's flying a ton but as linnies do, takes some clumsy landings to the floor. Twice now he's fallen beside my fridge but on a rack and though it seems disorienting, he catches himself. Now whats weird is that after these two fridge incidents on different days, when I bring him to his cage he is wobbly and off balance and stretches one wing high above him. It is scary and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this? After about a minute of looking a bit drunk, he's completely back to normal. Had him examed a month ago, all was fine.
I don't have any recommendation sorry... I hope others can give an opinion. Good luck!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Joelle If this persist I would get another doc examination. Most specifically by a certified avian vet. Is this bird able to stand on a perch and not be off balance?
Are you sure all flight feathers on both sides are grown in?

Joelle

Walking the driveway
Joelle If this persist I would get another doc examination. Most specifically by a certified avian vet. Is this bird able to stand on a perch and not be off balance?
Are you sure all flight feathers on both sides are grown in?
I'll monitor him and bring him in to my avian vet if it happens again. I'm not certain all his flight feathers have grown in equally on each side, it did only take a month so it's possible they're not all there- maybe it could be that!? Only when he has flown/fallen and acts drunk for a minute does it seem he can't balance well but then recovers and is totally normal again, balanced, eating, drinking, chirping, etc.

Joelle

Walking the driveway
One cute sound ive noticed is when my pair regurgitate to each other, they do a very specific call/song, and sometimes they do it when I get home so I like to think they are affectionately greeting me!

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Lol Linnie's are so cute. I have been on a wait list from my breeder for a yellow lutino one, but I have been re thinking about it to maybe a dark green...my fiancé is the one that choose the dark blue and she picked me out :D of a couple of them she stepped up and seems to enjoy my company. I have a lot of green birds which is why I think to try and get colours but I always lean towards the green (natural) and yellows/reds on birds. Before getting my rose crown I wanted one of the Crimson bellies it was in with but the rose crown would step up and loved to be around people and I choose her instead.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Here is a question I am not sure of the answer. Does anyone know when a Linnie is considered an adult? I was thinking over 6 months.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The green ones are the natural color of the birds in the wild. My Linnie breeder strives to breed only green. She is a member of LPS Lineolated Parakeet Society – (LPS)
I saw one of her green males and he was a beauty. My Tango (turquoise) clutch mates were all green.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sometimes I play the sounds of parakeets on YouTube and Kobe gets very excited and quite loud for a Linnie. This is about as loud as Linnies get, I think.

jdmiller95

Meeting neighbors
I've got a five-and-a-half-month-old boy. When he was about four months, two weeks after I got him, he picked up a sound which to me is clearly "pretty bird" and which to other people is mostly just noise. He only really says it when I first get him up in the morning, or sometimes when I play music. Also when I play music, I think he's starting saying "peep peep" (legit the words) but it's a bit hard to tell with the other noise, and he stops if I pause it. He also has picked up the concept of kissing, but his kissy noises are mostly just blowing a bit of air. That's it for his coherent picked-up sounds for now, but I've got fingers crossed for more :)