• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm now Dobbys Dad

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I'm so happy for you Terry.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:loveshower: Wow, sounds like he is fitting in nicely & you will soon have a great bond.
Glad you could help out Dobby & your are quite lucky to have found such a nice new friend.

Last edited:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Congrats on the new buddy he sure is a looker :D

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Few more pics from today. He actually started stepping up and was getting a tiny bit upset when I'd leave him. We got him into the big cage and covered tonight after he finally got a bit cranky and flew up to the living room curtain to probably try and sleep the night away. He normally goes to bed about 8 but we'll see if he adjusts to our schedule like lurch did after a while, then he didn't want to go to bed and miss anything.

Attachments

alicat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ali
Ah I can't handle it, he's such a cutie! I love his name!
So glad you and momazon figured this all out. What a happy dobby :)

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He is so beautiful and seems to enjoy to be at daddy's shoulder. ♥
What has he eaten so far? :)
He has eaten Saflower hulled seeds, plus lots of fruits and veggies so for now hes eating those and whatever goodies we have he'll try. Turns out he loves Nutri Berries, first time i offered one He got all excited and took it quickly from me and happily ate most of it.
Going to try the fruity Zupreem pellets the Lurch loved and maybe the harrisons if I have any of my sample left.
He was so disapointed when he got on the play perch and no goodies in the treat cups so I put some in and got him water, he took a bunch of big drinks out of the cup i just filled for him.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwwww. He is settling in so well.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Awe...this thread makes me happy. I'm so thrilled for all involved here.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Tonight he didn't want to go to bed. He used to have a sleep cage so he'probably a bit confused going into the big cage so spent a while chasing him around and trying all the tricks listed on the sheet Momazon wrote down for me.
He finally rode on my shoulder and I was able to get him to jump on the door opening and go in, praised him and gave him a treat.
He actually started to threaten and beak open a few times but no bite, I think that's the last thing he'd do, unlike Lurch who that was the first tool in his box.
Now that he's in he's picked the same sleeping perch Lurch liked and is settled and beak grinding. We'll cover him shortly and probably as he gets used to it being his house and sleeping area he'll get better. He won't step up on our boing, but will use his multi colored one he knows.
Found his favorite Bell and and plastic rings and balls toy and he got so excited and started whisteling, chirping, and playing with it so hung it inside for him like a old friend.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I'm so happy for all!! Look forward to your new adventure! Congrats!

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
He did like to hang out on the curtain rod or my kitchen shelf before bed, sorry I forgot to mention it! Now that it's dark later, he'll probably get on your schedule. I am so glad he is with you!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Thanks for that momazon, was wondering if i was doing something wrong or if was just something he likes to do. He sure got, and gets excited when he hears his favorite toys bell. He was making all kinds of sounds, whistles, chirps, stuff I haven't heard yet, he's a very talented mimic.
I tried to get him in the shower today too, even said sprinkle bird and had his shower cage in the tub but he wasn't buying it quite yet. Pretty sure my bathroom doesn't look like he remembers and expects so nothing doing for now. I gave him a light spritz with the pump up plant sprayer with warm water after he sat on the shower curtain while I showered. He was OK with the spritz anyways and it's nice and warm inside so he was fine.
No bites yet, he has fluffed and threatened a few times but I back off and he's happy again. He does like shoulder rides when he decides the hand is ok to step up on, if he's being stubborn I use his boing and he'll usually hop on it fine.
He loves to chirp bip...bip a lot and for now mostly has quiet vocals, though he can get loud if he wants something.
Right now he's decided to sleep on one of the lamp shades so I'll let him be a bit and try again soon.
He said Dobby! To my sister while she was eating breakfast Sunday while he was chilling in the shower cage:hug8:

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Very happy for you Terry, love reading this thread.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
He did like to hang out on the curtain rod or my kitchen shelf before bed, sorry I forgot to mention it! Now that it's dark later, he'll probably get on your schedule. I am so glad he is with you!

:hug4:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Man, chased him around a while tonight, treats don't always work and not sure how he'll react for me if I do manage to grab his toes when he steps on my hand. He does love shoulders though as soon as he gets on he runs up top and runs around both sides. Anyways, zippy stubborn boy is now beak grinding wondering how he finally ended up in his house again.
Might eventually setup the small cage in the computer room and see if a separate sleep cage like he had in a different room helps. Leaving on the Dart for now in case Lurch finds his way back so he sees something he knows.
He flies like a jet and is in excellent shape as all that zipping around didn't wind him at all, just made him ready for nappy time.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! OMG! OMG! I just discover this thread :jawdrop1: :elefant:

I'm so glad you have another pionus, Terry! :excited2: Dobby is gorgeous and obviously well taken care of :loveshower: He seems like a lovable and gregarious Pi :swoon:

I hope Lurch finds his way home to his new brother :cantwait:

@momazon I'm sorry you hit a rough patch :hug6: If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. This was a selfless thing you did to give up a fid :heart: But at least you'll still get to see him on AA!

:hug8::hug8::hug8: