• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm now Dobbys Dad

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
As many of you probably now know Momazon has hit a rough patch in life and offered me Dobby considering what has happened with Lurch and her situation changing.
There is a thread on Rehome Highway but probably shouldn't clutter it up any more so I'm starting one here.
He came home with me Saturday, my Mom and stepdad offered their PT cruiser and she drove out, I drove back and filled up her tank for her when done.
Momazon is of course upset she had to do this but happy we found each other so he has a forever home and I'm committed to making the long haul just like I was with Lurch and Nerd before him. If Lurch comes home he has a good example and a buddy.
He spent the night in his shower cage and seemed concerned but not totally freaked out, he accepted treats through the bars and took a few Nutri Berries from my fingers very gently. He's a very well socialized Maxi and a gentle soul, more like Nerd was then lurch who could be a grumpy boy.
I showed him all the rooms in the house in his shower cage this morning early, then he looked like he really wanted out so I opened the door and he flew right to the top of my bedroom door and hung out a while, took some treats and preened and scratched himself, then he hit all the rooms and bounced off things and checked everything out.
He discovered his big cage and play top but was disappointed the upper cups had no goodies in them so I filled them up with the food she sent me and he's been flying between it and the play-stand Lurch refused to use when we moved here.
He allowed me to gently touch his head without trying to bite so I think it will take a bit less then 5 years for him to decide I'm trustworthy, safe, and a friend and flockmate.

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I don't know what to say, more then..
Congrats to a very beautiful Maxi boy! :dance5::bliss::bounce4::cheer::bounce8::loveshower::marlenesmile:
He is gorgeous and I see that he is very healthy. He has excellent feather condition. ♥

But the sad thing I didn't know about Momazon. I'm so sorry @momazon ! :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Very happy for both both you and Dobby. He looks terrific!!! Incredibly good news.

@momazon sending many many hugs. You were one of the first people to provide me guidance when I got Maximus. From the photos and your posts I know you provided Dobby an excellent home. Wishing you the good karma you give others.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:smileflower:

lgrikki

Strolling the yard
:hug4:This thread make me VERY happy. Glad to hear everything is going swimmingly !

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I'm certainly relieved, after earning very slowly every bit of trust and love Lurch grudgingly gave up this is very refreshing and different for me. Nerd was here long term and we sorta became best buds after he lost his brother, but he wasn't quite as prone to biting and being mad all the time at first. It certainly says what a great mom Momazon and Talia were to him that he so quickly accepts a new family member.
I'm sure a bite or something will come eventually but he certainly already seems happy and accepting of me. Goes to show you what happens when a creature only knows love and safety his whole life:hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Dobby is a very handsome Maxi Pi. It looks like you both deserve congratulations.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He just accepted a ride on his boing and decided it was OK to hop on my shoulder and ride back to the computer chair and he accepted a light head scritch and is grinding his beak with a foot put away:cool:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations and thanks for taking him into your home.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Congrats! He is such a handsome boy. He's found a wonderful home, I'm so happy for you. Wishing you two many fantastic years! :)

@momazon Sending many hugs to you! It's easy to tell you took amazing care of him.
:hug8::hug8: