• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I rescued my M2 can someone tell me what this is?

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Yeah from the second I seen him I knew I had to help him. Because his condition was not so good and he needed vet attention asap. This is what his rumpy looked like. But now its healed and getting feathers starting to come through. Yay!! The kid is doing great I tell him that to help boost his confidence.

Attachments

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Mr. Peach! :)

I agree with John...it looks like Mr P bonked his head on something! Milton throws his head around a lot...I'm surprised he hasn't bruised his face like Mr. P.

The pic of rump...wow. Definitely tell him he's doing a great job...'toos LOVE being complimented...;)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Yep, Nerd used to bonk his head and Pionus have similar white eye lid skin and he'd get red bruises that would eventually fade and never had any issues from them. It almost looks like a really bad bruise that has taken a while to heal and maybe some leftover blood or a scab or whatever but his eyes look happy and it's great his bum has healed, good job making him happy.

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Thank you Dartman. I give up going places and doing things. Because I dont want him feeling like I left him after the type of life he had before me. I'm to the point of buying a camera with voice in case I gotta step out for a while I still can see him and he can hear me. Idk if that is crazy sounding but I'm not trying to have him plucking himself more then he has. :m2: not unless someone has ideas for me. I bought him a hoodie and hes not having it bc it goes over his head.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
We have a couple of small cameras aimed at Dobby, one tied into the security DVR and another WiFi cam with pan and tilt and remote viewing with a mic and speaker. I can check on him and talk to him while I'm at work and sometimes I check in during lunch and talk and whistle to him. He gets really excited about the whistling and will whistle back to me. You can add a memory card and it will motion sense and record to it depending on how you set it up but we also have that with the security DVR to check thing out if anything happens anywhere in or outside our house. A wifi cam would be real easy for you to setup and with a memory card you'd have archived recordings too so that's what I'd do in your case. they aren't that expensive either depending on what you get and what you can live with.

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Yeah I'm looking around for a good one. Yeah peaches loves to whistle and carry on the funny thing he mocks a crying baby. People in my neighborhood hears him. :rofl: .. and when I take him outside the neighbor's whistle at him and he does it back.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Poor little guy. So nice of you to do all you did. I don't understand how people can neglect such a beautiful animal :( common sense would tell someone he needed vet care.

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
I asked the 3rd owner if he seen a vet I was told No. But the man said he was spraying something on his boo boos. He has one on his chest I'm still trying to get it healed up. His rumpy is healed and got feathers starting to grow. But, I'm trying to figure out what to do about his dry feathers. Someone told me coconut oil a few drops in his food.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I asked the 3rd owner if he seen a vet I was told No. But the man said he was spraying something on his boo boos. He has one on his chest I'm still trying to get it healed up. His rumpy is healed and got feathers starting to grow. But, I'm trying to figure out what to do about his dry feathers. Someone told me coconut oil a few drops in his food.
Feathers are supposed to be dry and dusty. With cockatoos the dustier they are the healthier the feathers are.

Red Palm Fruit Oil (RPO) is very good for feather beak nail health. Very high in beta carotene (vitamin A) which all parrots need a lot of. Coconut oil is good too but not as good IMO.

This is what I feed.
"Parrot Butter" | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Going to have to try that, seems simple enough and Dobby like every other parrot loves anything full of fat like buttered toast, cheese...Lurch knew exactly what toast was the first time my sister was eating some and flew over muttering toast and demanded some, he would kill for it.

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
I'm gonna look into that red palm oil today. Do you just drop some into their water? His diet is zupreem fruit flavor and I try and get him to eat fruits n veggies. And 90% of the time he throw the fruit n veggies. So idk if the people before really never offered them. I'm trying..

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Does he like baths at all? My vet recommends spraying my U2 once a day. And my late M2 use to love having a bath in bathtub. Give them baths can help somewhat with plucking and self mutilation. Zane my M2 was a self mutilator if you have any questions I'll try to answers them for you :)

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
No he fights me over baths and runs from the spray bottle. :cry3: those people before me messed this bird up. But, hes very loving and forgiving like my vet said. I'm trying everything possible I'm bending backwards to think of stuff to help him. I'm thinking about trying the pluck no more stuff. And I'm gonna make him that birdie butter also.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Why do cockatoo rub their beaks on everything? MR. P does it alot and rubs on me also.:rolleyes:
My amazons do that to clean their beaks

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hello and welcome. We looooove to see pictures. You're doing a great job with Mr. Peach!