• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I rescued my M2 can someone tell me what this is?

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
I've been looking online for info and cant find nothing. He is 5yrs old I'm his 4th owner from what I know of. I'm calling the vet when they open back up. But I'm asking anyone who knows about this.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
The orange around his eye looks like dye from at toy to me. Was there something else you were referring to? Can you tell us more about him? He looks like a sweetie

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Hello, the stuff feels kinda hard but crusty. His eye is not draining or red or swollen. He does rub his face alot though. The original owners were old people who kept him in his cage the whole time. ( this is what I was told) he plucked himself and had 2 boo boos on his chest and rump. So far he went through 2 tubes of medicine for it. He is very loving and funny to hang with. I dont see why people get these birds and not care for them properly. it brakes my heart to see birds like he was. I never seen the yellowish or orange color around birds eyes. I was told he never talked much or made noise. When he came home with me in about 2 days he was acting like a cockatoo. Running playing yelling screaming. Hoping up and down talking up a storm. hes full of life and loves everyone even dogs.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I don't see a picture?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I dont see your bird either.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
That's hard to say might be a bruise? Or the coloring that mature M2's have is the orangey-tinge.

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
It's kinda hard like crusty feeling from what I can feel without him nipping at me.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Hmmm... it's hard to say from the picture. Could be a bruise or scape. My late M2 had a small injury like that once but it was a different color. Keep a close eye on it.

Where are you from? Do you have an avian vet near you? It would be a good idea to get a wellness exam anyway, so at the same time your vet can check out his eye. Thankyou for taking him in :)

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Hello, yes I got a avain vet for my birds I gotta call Monday morning. I live in Pennsylvania. He seen the vet the day I got him home and she said he was fine. I had him 2 months tops. And now I see this eye thing on him . My family keep telling me not to get him but I didnt listen. because in my heart he needed a fighting chance to live normal and be a cockatoo. I spent so much money on him to get better and bought him a new cage. Because the one he lived in looked like it was never cleaned out.and falling apart even though I never put him in it much. Only to clean so he ain't trying to swipe me . He hangs on top with his toys and I leave the hatch part open at the side he can go into the cage if he wants. His foraging toy has food n treats in.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
That's so nice of you to take him in. Sounds like you are on the right track :) Hopefully it's nothing too serious, sound like a scape to me. If it is as long as it doesn't get infected it should heal up fine. But it's a good idea to call the vet. :)

By the way, Welcome to the forum!

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Thank you, not many people I know around me deals with birds. Ppl call me the bird lady. Lol but, I adopt them my M2 and sun conure so far. But my pineapple conure I bought as a baby. My vet found me the sun conure someone couldn't take care of no more. I grew up around birds my mom breed birds n had different ones. I got the bird person DNA in my blood bc my great great grandmother owned scarlet macaws. That's the only birds she delt with so I got it honest. Lol

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Love conquers a lot.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and your 'too. :)

It's hard to see anything with the picture...my best advice is to keep monitoring and talk to your AV about your concerns.

What's his name? :)

Borxmomma

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen
Thank you, his name is peaches the name he came with but people call him Mr. Peach. Lol.. I called the vet they said to keep a eye on it and put a warm cloth to dab it if that dont work call them back this coming week.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
That's very odd. I've never seen anything like it. Could he have gotten in to something that colour? That's all I could think of. It does sound like he's in wonderful hands. I'm glad he has you :) please keep us updated on how he is and what happens with his eye.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
A small price to pay for finally getting to be a real bird. :hug8: Thank you so much for giving Mr. Peach that chance!