• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am over the moon happy with Paco's Progress!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Too funny about the growl. I've heard the grey growl and it's scary!

Is he eating all the food you're feeding twice a day?

Yea, but greys are also sometime apologetic, like my grey will bite out of playing. I get my hands to close playing with his toy with him and he misses you and gets my hand....I say ouch!! Hey!! He responds back...opps! Then runs his head on my hand as if saying sorry.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yea, but greys are also sometime apologetic, like my grey will bite out of playing. I get my hands to close playing with his toy with him and he misses you and gets my hand....I say ouch!! Hey!! He responds back...opps! Then runs his head on my hand as if saying sorry.
LOL, my guy does that and says UH-OHHhhhhhh!

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
@Hawk12237 Oh that is reassuring that he is no the only parrot that doesn't go for chop. A half of an apple? I haven't tried anything that big.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
@Hawk12237 Oh that is reassuring that he is no the only parrot that doesn't go for chop. A half of an apple? I haven't tried anything that big.
You can cut pieces up the size of your thumb nail as to size. Many larger birds use their feet, that is how they eat. Being able to hold it, you might find this way of feeding better for him.

All of my birds eat using their feet. Even pellets, pick up with their beak, and munch on using their feet.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
You can cut pieces up the size of your thumb nail as to size. Many larger birds use their feet, that is how they eat. Being able to hold it, you might find this way of feeding better for him.

All of my birds eat using their feet. Even pellets, pick up with their beak, and munch on using their feet.

EXactly.....!!! They like holding their food.

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I'm beginning to realize that now. He will even hold a little Cheerio in his foot and it amazes me how he can hold something so tiny. He also will eat more if I hold it for him. Spoiled? I would rather hold it and get him to take a few bites then toss it to the floor.

It's like he bites it and it drops but he won't reach for another one? If the makes sense. I guess it may be a learning process for him? That's a thought. He only got one piece of broccoli, one carrot and a banana in 6 years, maybe he isn't used to eating fruit and veggies?

Ahh the quest goes on, at least he is getting fluffy and looks healthy, chest is still bare though. Not sure when he will molt. That should be fun.