• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hospital unit

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Lucky is so precious. So sorry you all are having to go through this.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
WOW..what are wonderful read ...love them both so glad your watching over them :hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful story.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
She says she is going to lend me one now and a O2 thing.
She was home last night, but she had that wheeze still, just not as bad as when she first went in.
I guess I can't just expect her to get *better* she won't. :sad1: It will just get a little bit worse every week. I need to stop looking for her to go back to normal.
She is on two injectable antibiotics and a pain med.
Then of course her O2
ugh

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
I bet Coco was thrilled to see her, and she was happy to see Coco. What could be better for her spirits than being able to be with the Best Momma and your Best Friend?!!!!:hug2:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
@Danita, I have been afraid to ask but I seem to remember Coco being in a unit too, or in with Lucky when you first brought them home. What is Coco's prognosis? Is she well apart from the feather issues?

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
@Danita, I have been afraid to ask but I seem to remember Coco being in a unit too, or in with Lucky when you first brought them home. What is Coco's prognosis? Is she well apart from the feather issues?
Coco has a heart thing.
Sorry guys, when the vet tells me what's wrong with them, it's like a ton of bricks falling on my head and I blank out. Never remember details.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Sorry for bringing it up. I thought she had something but with Lucky's more pressing issues, I could not remember. Sending comforting thoughts to all three of you girls.:grouphug3:

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
She seemed better, that terrible breathing is gone. I want her to come home, the vet is always so busy. I was going to order one of those units for her but she said she needs to look into a good one and I hate to bug her and ask. She said that she felt that Lucky just looks blank sometimes and stands up tall. Not sure what that was insinuating but she thought Coco should stay the day maybe overnight.
Coco was likely acting like a little brat so they wanted me to pick her up last night lol
When I visit and hold her she wraps her wings around me, omg, kills me.
KILLS ME
Here is the worst picture in the world, I went to leave and put my hand up against the unit and she put her foot up against my hand. That poor bird, she just does not deserve her life to end when she finally has her own person and family.
View attachment 249758
Just looking at that picture made me tearing up.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
She says she is going to lend me one now and a O2 thing.
She was home last night, but she had that wheeze still, just not as bad as when she first went in.
I guess I can't just expect her to get *better* she won't. :sad1: It will just get a little bit worse every week. I need to stop looking for her to go back to normal.
She is on two injectable antibiotics and a pain med.
Then of course her O2
ugh

It's hard, whatever it takes, your keeping her comfortable.

Perriewinkle

Coco has a heart thing.
Sorry guys, when the vet tells me what's wrong with them, it's like a ton of bricks falling on my head and I blank out. Never remember details.
this is normal. it's called being human. It's okay.
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:
This is never easy though it sounds easy. Just know that you have an entire forum behind you. Know that you are doing everything right, and that there is nothing else you could or should be doing. :heart:

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Danita, They are so lucky to have you. Look at what you have given them....a real home and unconditional love. You are a remarkable human being

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Sorry for bringing it up. I thought she had something but with Lucky's more pressing issues, I could not remember. Sending comforting thoughts to all three of you girls.:grouphug3:
Don't be sorry!

So she's home. I got them to give me the morphine for the morning. So she doesn't have to wait until she gets there. She gets an injection of it at the clinic before I bring her home.
Now I won't stress in the morning!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Sending many prayers for sweet Lucky. :hug8:
She's in the best hands, and she's surrounded by people who love her. That's all any of us can ask for. :)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I wonder why am I doing this?
The Dr hasn't said she is suffering at all.
However, needling her, putting her in O2, getting her loopy on meds, driving back and forth. Only to keep her around. I am doing all this for her, but is this really for her?
Last night she coughed up her food. Just a bit, but still she did that.
I peeked in on them before I went to bed, Lucky had her Wing around Coco, they were sleeping.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Sending a hug.
I wish I had something better to offer but I have trouble letting go.