• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! GCC and FSC - Unexpected Clutch

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
P1000883.JPG P1000886.JPG P1000887.JPG P1000888.JPG

ThePeepingEgg

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carmen
@ThePeepingEgg I posted some pix of some of my babies for you
@SandraK OH MY GOSH!!!! Cuteness overload! That's it, I'm a goner....they are too cute for their own good! How old are those babies? I think the first hatched of mine should be opening its eyes very soon (maybe even today). It was hatched 1/22. There is just no way I'll be able to let any of them go.....*sigh* My husband might kill me :lol:Then again, HE got me Mango...so its his own fault! :hehe: How old are those babies in your pictures? I better get the house and everything all cleaned up because once I'll be able to hang out with the babies, I won't get anything done for a while LOL

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Haha nevermind, I just seen the pictures. My brain isn’t working right now

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Those pix are a couple of years old and I have more old ones. BUT one of my girls has a definite egg butt so I'm watching her. The tiels are laying eggs anywhere they find a spot. One pair has laid 3 eggs behind a corner curio cabinet and another just decided that the bottom of an older tiel couple's cage was a good place to lay eggs. Mom is sitting in plain view in the corner and has quite an attitude for someone who invaded somebirdy else's cage. I'm beginning to run out of fake eggs .... :bash::bash::bash:

Dad's evil eye

Not to derail your thread but these were were 2016

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

Sorry that they are so fuzzy but the time span is from May 10th through May 31st, 2016.

Attachments

ThePeepingEgg

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carmen
I'm totally blaming @SandraK that I'm not getting anything productive done...can't stop adoring those cuties!!!
AND 2 of my babies opened their today!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The babies are so beautiful.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I'm totally blaming @SandraK that I'm not getting anything productive done...can't stop adoring those cuties!!!
AND 2 of my babies opened their today!!
I'm afraid you are yet another victim to MBS (multiple bird syndrome) a quite severe infection that has affected many AA members. There is no cure but sometimes the disease progresses rapidly without any treatment. The only symptom is that you'll be drawn to every bird you see and you'll wan to take it home.

But seriously, it is quite amazing to actually be able to watch an egg progress from an egg into a little grey fuzzball and then change into a colourful conure. How do mom & dad react when you "visit" their next? Do they let you peek or do they defend and chase? I've had some parents who didn't mind my visiting and others who got quite huffy. You need to post some more pix. I'll try to post some but under a different thread so I don't derail yours.

ThePeepingEgg

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carmen
@SandraK I have to admit, it's the funnest disease I've ever had :rofl: When I open the nest box she'll huff and puff and bob her head up and down but she hasn't tried to bite me. When she's out of the cage (she just started come out more and more the last 3-4 days) she watches me VERY carefully....I was able to take pictures & video and even do some mild "housekeeping" yesterday. She is however getting more aggressive towards Daddy bird...she will nip at him and literally harass him by chasing after him. He seems quite scared of her at the moment and will hop or fly away as soon as she ends up next to him. I did make a new thread somewhere (if only I could find it now LOL) to find out if I need to remove him or not. She's not hurting him but I don't want it to come to that.

I can't stop laughing at all the Conures in the little hutch....hilarious! The more I think about it, the more sure i am that ALL those babies will be staying with me :hehe:After all, no one takes better care of our birds than ourselves, right? :D;) I'll have to get one of those signatures made....I doubt i could fit everyone on it though LOL

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
:omg: :coffeescreen: They are having quite a party in there:lol: Way too cute:heart:
That was probably around 7ish in the morning. Since the gccs won't go to bed (into the cage) at bed time, I shut everything down light wise. As soon as I get up, I mosey over to the bird room and close the gccs' cage doors. That's when I got the pix.

ThePeepingEgg

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carmen
20180209_135516.jpg
@SandraK
Fuzzies!! I'll upload more in the morning, I forgot I already downloaded them to the computer. They're beginning to look like real birds now and don't seem to mind getting love from Grandma's :D
How in the world am I going to let any of them go?? :dontgo::sad3:I don't want to be one of those annoying grandparronts that checks on them every day once they leave...:watching: