• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! GCC and FSC - Unexpected Clutch

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Read it wrong. Indie was on a wreath.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
OMG Sandra! Those are adorable and I see a yellow sided cheek :heart: and squeezed in the hut :heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have a couple more photos of the gccs - they do like squeezing themselves into sleep huts - it's almost like watching a circus. I wait to see how many little clowns are coming out of that one VW sleep hut.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I have a couple more photos of the gccs - they do like squeezing themselves into sleep huts - it's almost like watching a circus. I wait to see how many little clowns are coming out of that one VW sleep hut.
The Linnies are like that too! Do you have a Jolly Ball for them? The Linnies fight over the one I have for them!:)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I haven't tried a Joly Ball - I had got them a square ferret hammock/hut thing and hung it from the ceiling and they thought it was the best thing since slice bread. But they did chew it up, so it had to go.

The cage that sleeps 6 has 2 sleep huts and everyone tries to squeeze themselves into one only - whoever doesn't fit will either sleep on top or will give up and sleep in the other hut but only if there is somebirdy else in there with them.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
You MUST get them a Jolly Ball!

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
One they WILL NOT GET! Maybe in the future when I finally get that darn bird room that Jon promised me...not now though! I'm assuming that if I do give them a nest box and they produce you will be taking a baby?:devil:
I will take one of those Galah babies. :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I will take one of those Galah babies. :)
I have two very hormonal pet males right now who would love to chew my hands off!:) One of them was mumbling under his breathe last night..."Let me out...you gotta let me out!" I laughed at him and said, "Not on your life Fozz, not until breeding season is over in May!" God, they are so much worse than my D2 EVER was!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm sorry...but that is so funny. I think birds are so funny. They say such cute and funny things.
It is funny...the marks he recently left on my arm and finger...not so much. I moved him into a cage with his brother and they seem to be enjoying each other's company which is good. I hate to cage them but man are they mean to me. They attack me at the neck and when I try to remove them, they go for my arms and fingers. Then they are so darn charming in their cage and say the cutest things and will let you pet them through the bars until they can charm their way out of the cage and then they attack again...and it's only me...they love my S/O the little rats! Fozzie also loves to call me Mommy over and over again. They talk a blue streak. I'm praying that they will grow out of this attacking business like Reggie D2 ultimately did. I could read Reggie, so rarely got bit but these guys are so unpredictable. I have a 2 year old female who is just the light of my life though, so I try not to take it personally...it's hard some days. How can you not burst out laughing when they are whispering stuff like that to you though? They're too smart for their own good!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Do your 2s whisper too? I have two lesser sulfur crested 2s and one of them whispers to me all the time. I wish I could get my macaws to whisper. ;)
Only Fozzie whispers. He came to me as a rehome and he only talks in a regular voice when he really has something to say!:)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
OMG they are such cute babies...Hope they are doing well...more pics!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Sooo cute!
I think they can fit 3 more birds in there!