• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Guinea Pigs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:omg:, there's no roof on the cage. I wonder if they jump out of it??? lol I'm seriously thinking of replying tomorrow morning. What is a "Mosaic" Chinchilla? Is that like a Pied bird? hahah!

I'll have to sleep on this.
There's no roof?! LOL well you can easily add one!

Yes, mosaic is just a hybrid. There are so many different variations in chinchilla land.

I think you should go meet them! if they are indeed sweet and can be handled....might be fun!!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Well now I have checked Craigslist! So now my question is one or two Chinchillas? LOL

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Crystal, did you check those sites? lol Let's get this back on YOU! :)

I actually saw the cutest Guinea pig at Petsmart a couple weeks back and was talking to the sale person about it. I ran out of there in a hurry because I was about to buy it, lol
I do love Guinea pigs too, They are just the sweetest creatures.

What did you find on Craigslist????

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
HAHA! They can live well together, or they can fight badly. I prefer one, because I have time to spend with him and I want him to bond to me!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Crystal, did you check those sites? lol Let's get this back on YOU! :)

I actually saw the cutest Guinea pig at Petsmart a couple weeks back and was talking to the sale person about it. I ran out of there in a hurry because I was about to buy it, lol
I do love Guinea pigs too, They are just the sweetest creatures.

What did you find on Craigslist????
Well I did find this ad, I have requested pictures and more info. I also love the Guinea Pigs too but don't think I have the space to provide them with the proper size housing.

2 Male Chinchillas plus accessories

I check Craigslist everyday anyway for Birds, so now I will just add Chinchillas to the list, lol

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
HAHA! They can live well together, or they can fight badly. I prefer one, because I have time to spend with him and I want him to bond to me!
That was my thought too, but I found an ad for 2 of them. I am not running out tomorrow to get one though! I am taking my time and researching and making sure I can take care of one properly with all my other animals, lol

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
If you find them on Craigslist and they have already been living together, then I'm sure they would be fine together. In the wild chinchillas live in big groups. If you buy one as a baby, then just one is totally fine.

:highfive: For doing research!

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Wow...you found 2 Males for $200, and i found 2 Females for $200. lol I think $200 is a good price though for 2 Chinchillas and a cage.
I think if I did get those two females, I would want to get a new cage before bringing them home though. I'm just weird that way.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
I went to the local pet store and actually held a Chinchilla and fell in love!
I had no idea they could not eat fresh fruits and vegetables though:eek: I learned a lot from the lady that worked there, she seemed very knowledgable

Going to see this cutie in the morning:D

Mosaic Chinchilla, 3 year old female

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Exciting!!!

Yes, they can only eat chinchilla pellets and hay! Nothing else. Ever! They easily get diarrhea and can die very quickly from it.

I'm so excited for you to meet that little lady!!! Make sure to let us know how it goes! PM me!! :) I'll be dying to hear!!

P.s. If you do get her - make sure she has a snuggly hammock or cube and a metal wheel. Try to limit plastic in her cage, as chins chew like crazy and eating plastic isn't good :)

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Im too sick right now to read all these pages but I have 7. I have had as many as 13.
They are such cute little faces. They require special vets like our birds do. They last longer than rats. I have those as well.
I got many of them back in 2006/2007

I have them in two CC cages and my boys are neutered. I love watching the herd dynamic and the ones that are bullies and others that are submissive and who gets to be alpha.

the piggy lips are adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.