• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly free sweet Jenny 6/3/18

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
You were blessed to have such a sweetie to share you life with and I am sure she knew that as well... although its so very sad that she is gone, she is in a happy place now... so don't be sad! God takes care of all his creations... Jenny is one of the special ones! God Bless you all! :sorrow:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
So sorry...:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Claire I am so sorry for your loss!! Time does help a bit but it is so very hard. I agree with you that loosing a bird has been much harder than any other pet that we have had. We are here for you if and when you need to talk! :sadhug2::sorrow:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Claire I am so sorry for your loss!! Time does help a bit but it is so very hard. I agree with you that loosing a bird has been much harder than any other pet that we have had. We are here for you if and when you need to talk! :sadhug2::sorrow:
Thank you so much! It's very raw still. Just feel like I failed her in some way. 4 years wasn't enough time to erase or fix the first 21 years of her prior home.

Just really sucks, so innocent she was.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so sorry for your loss.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you all for your kind words and heartfelt condolences. The last few days have been very hard.

The shock has subsided, but the images of her last hour will be in my head forever. Seeing her lifeless body will haunt me forever.

I'm drained, the emptiness in the house is ever so present.

I have lots of birdie love, and love to give.

Thank you all so much! Xoxo

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i am so sorry for your loss

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Claire. :sadhug2:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm just seeing this now... and a bit shocked to think how time has flown. I recall when Jenny was first in need of a home and how you were considering taking him then, but then the aunt took him... I remember how on the fence you were but that you were willing... and then when Jenny finally made it to your home.

Claire, I am so sorry to hear of his passing! :sadhug2:It does help to have another life(s) to focus on, even if that life can never compare or replace the one you lost. Hang in there!

CupcakeKeator

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessica
I'm so sorry. :sad11: No words will make it feel better. But just know that we are here. You're not alone in this. :grouphug:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm just seeing this now... and a bit shocked to think how time has flown. I recall when Jenny was first in need of a home and how you were considering taking him then, but then the aunt took him... I remember how on the fence you were but that you were willing... and then when Jenny finally made it to your home.

Claire, I am so sorry to hear of his passing! :sadhug2:It does help to have another life(s) to focus on, even if that life can never compare or replace the one you lost. Hang in there!
Hi there! Yes, Jenny went between Dave's Aunt and his Mom for years. She was in the Family since she was a baby. His Grandfather got her, hand fed her. She was a one in a million U2. She was funny, had no fear, loved everyone she would go to anyone and never bite. Just and amazing and sweet Girl. Yes, July would have been 4 years that she came to us. I could not change anything that was her prior life of 21 almost 22 years, but I gave her everything and then some of what she did need diet wise. The lung tumor isn't baffling because she was in a home with smokers. Yes, chimney smokers who smoked in the house. So that does not surprise me that she had that. The liver, kidney issues I just don't know. She had alot going against her. She showed signs of not feeling good pretty much one day from late Sat night into Sunday morning when she was in total distress. Absolutely has ripped my heart in pieces.

I do have the new heaven sent nugget budgies. I am loving them, I really needed them! They are pretty much all set. Got my order today and cuttlebone as I type is being chewed on. I started the fresh veggies yesterday, broccoli and now some leafy green lettuce. We will see how this goes. They are now eating some GF Petite Hookbill- hence my arse opening my order and cut a bag with the darn knife so can't sell it's in the house for my littles LOL <--I have done this more than once with products.

Thank you for your sincere care with this and remembering us getting her. It was not a mistake, she was perfect here! I loved her with all my heart and miss her so. We have talked about getting another Too and the other half is on board. Not now, not for a while, but we will look to adopt an older Too. I saw a listing for an M2 that was hatched in 1977! I am open to a 25 plus Too. But many you see are in their teens and 20's and I am on the fence if we will lean towards another Female or go for a boy.

Lot's of time has to pass before we really look seriously at adopting. But I really love the Too's.

Love you all! xoxo

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss - Jenny sounds like such a special Too.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We got Jenny home today. She was cremated, the urn is a beautiful black marble box with her name etched in a gold plate.

Dr. B got a few feathers for me as well since I never keep them. I will from now on!

Thank you all again!

Xoxo Claire

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
So sorry for the pain.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So sorry for the pain.
It's been a rough time. Such a routine we had. Her presence is missed so.

We are going to get another Too, life is too short not to give a rescue a place to be loved within her honor and legacy.

Our time with her was short, but I will cherish her memory and that we were able to give her everything that made her a happy Girl. She knew love and loved us equally.

:)