• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly free sweet Jenny 6/3/18

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
We are going to get another Too, life is too short not to give a rescue a place to be loved within her honor and legacy.

Our time with her was short, but I will cherish her memory and that we were able to give her everything that made her a happy Girl. She knew love and loved us equally.

:)
Good to hear you're getting another Too. :hug8: They are such special birds. I wish you well in your journey to find another one. :heart:

I'm so sorry your time was so short her but I'm happy Jenny was so loved by you and your family. :bluhug:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Good to hear you're getting another Too. :hug8: They are such special birds. I wish you well in your journey to find another one. :heart:

I'm so sorry your time was so short her but I'm happy Jenny was so loved by you and your family. :bluhug:
I showed my other half a video of a Lesser sulfer girl waving bye bye and saying it she's funny. She and a few other U2s are at a rescue 3 hours away.

A day later, I came home and said the rescue is in NC. He was like do you really want another bird? I was like well, we can go see them. Then I was like it's just a thought. Then he said you mean that place with the bird you showed me? Uhm, yes.

Then he turned his laptop around and showed me the app questionnaire he filled out and sent to Kiki's rescue!

I was like awe, OMG. Now this Man is still so heartbroken, we both are. But he knows how special a Too is and that birds in rescues need good homes.

So we shall see. We will maybe go Sunday to meet them. We are not going home with one yet. Meet, then go back again to interact to see who remembers us and maybe make a decision then.

I do have my eyes on the Lesser sulfer Girl Missy who is only 8. But Phoogie a boy is 27, Sophie s Girl is 16 and a feather destoyer. Snowball is 20 and he has a bare spot on his belly.

We shall see, right now somber we are. Loved my sweet girl. So we let time heal us, now that she's back home.

Love to you all :)

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Claire, I am so awfully sorry. What wonderful memories you must have of your sweet Penny.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Claire, I am so awfully sorry. What wonderful memories you must have of your sweet Penny.

What a dumb typo I made!!! I meant Jenny, of course - sorry, please forgive me. Also I just saw you are visiting a rescue this weekend I think? You are so sweet to think of adopting one of these birds who need a home so badly, especially at a time when you are still hurting so badly. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
What a dumb typo I made!!! I meant Jenny, of course - sorry, please forgive me. Also I just saw you are visiting a rescue this weekend I think? You are so sweet to think of adopting one of these birds who need a home so badly, especially at a time when you are still hurting so badly. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
This was me thinking......but my awesome Man taking the initiative to SURPRISE me, because even though he's hurting so bad as I am too he wanted me to have a magical unicorn again. Yes, these Toos are like a unicorn to me. Well he had to fess up since I know more on answers the rescue needed on all the birds, vets etc.

Special, awesome birds.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Claire, that's awesome! How sweet of him wanting to move forward! Love that you are willing and able to get another 'too soon! It's taken me a lot longer to move on, although I wish I was ready sooner.

I'm sure that all the 'toos that are ready for adoption at the rescue each have their own fun and unique personalities, and I'm sure the two of you will choose the right one to fill in the gap! :hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We are going on the 23rd. Come home, think.....think and imagine. A home visit will happen the week after, if we wish to proceed.

I'll update you all. Right now I'm not that excited. I was missing my Girl so bad but today, feeling guilty since I spoke to Women who runs this awesome rescue.

Got a week to either choose not to go.....but I know I will. And then think.....imagine and wait on who we decide to bring home eventually.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am sorry for your loss