• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly free sweet Jenny 6/3/18

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm so sorry for your loss of Jenny. It hurts so bad, but she must have been in pain with the swollen liver, kidney and a tumor in her lung. She will fly high and free, without pain and illness, with all of our birds who have gone before her.

Love them every day. We never know which day will be the last one.
This decline happened so very fast. From full of life, playing, and acting herself to a bird that went down hill so fast. The only signs were yesterday when I came home I saw that she didn't touch her food- I asked my other half if she was out of her cage alot, and he said not really with him but out on her playtop. Around 1 am she seemed alittle bit off to him. She only wanted to snuggle on his chest so he held her. By this morning 7:30 or so she was pretty weak, seemed a bit uncomfortable on her playstand and when I first laid eyes on her I told him she has to go to the Vet NOW. So we called and got ahold of Dr. Burkett and he met us there. She was declining along this time line. He xrayed her, she came out of the anesthetic and he wanted to give her fluids. She was on a heating pad, she was just in very poor prognosis to him.

We gave the effort to administer fluids and she pretty much went quickly down from there. I had to stay out of the room, I was out when she passed because I couldn't stand to see her as she was.

I stink, I couldn't be in there, but Dave was. Heartbreak is an understatement how I feel right now. Earlier today, the thought crossed my mind that maybe I didn't want any birds anymore- but I have them and I will heal. I cannot give up on my boys that have known me since they were babies and my newly rescued nuggets.

We will see what the results of the liver slides are. Anyway, I cannot say much more other than the events that ended as they did completely suck!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh no! Not Jenny. :sad11:

It's almost like your precious budgies were sent to help you through this. :sadhug:

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, I’m so very sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet girl. It’s okay that you were not in the room at the bitter end. She knew how much you loved her.
:sadhug2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yeah, it's hard to watch them go. Hank was great (the best he had ever been) and three weeks later he was dead. He also died of cancer, a thyroid carcinoid tumor.

You will never lose the sadness, but the pain will get less and there will be more and more happy thoughts about Jenny. They do take a piece of your heart with them.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I am so sorry for the loss of Jenny.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I'm so sorry :(

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Least she had a really good life & was happy up til almost the end& she was very sick.
We all react differently to seeing a loved one pass. She knew you loved her & luckily she did not suffer much...

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Very sorry for your loss. :(

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I've lost dogs, cats and two prior birds they were all old. This loss I am going to say is the worst. Maybe our bond, she loved us both equally.

She was never mean, never ever bit anyone! Sweet as sugar, snuggly, happy, playful and fun.

I will miss her smell, her cute hello and her every day whatcha doin baby.

So very sad I am. So sudden and just a terrible loss in our home. I love the Toos. I loved her so very much and like losing a kid, I get it. She was supposed to out live us.

My heaven sent nuggets I am sure were sent in some magical way, they needed me and vise versa. Odd indeed.

David said he will never get another Too. I feel the same way, but know one is out there that someday may need us. So I am going to say never say never.

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I'm so sorry, Claire. Jenny had a wonderful home with you. You made her last few years so special. :heart:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am very sorry about Jenny.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm taking my shower, going to bed. My eyes, head, heart are so very heavy and sad.

Thank you all for the heartfelt condolences and good thoughts. Our years being short yes, our home and hearts will heal over time.

The memories I will cherish, and I will also save her videos and have my favorite ones printed. I may even have a necklace made with her ashes to wear each day.

I texted my Avian vet asking for an impression of her feet, and to get a few of her crest feathers that were perfect and so soft to keep. He replied sure. :)

Thank you all xoxo