• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly Free Mia....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so sorry Joanna :( I can relate to the guilt you feel (been there). Its so hard not to play the "what if" game in our heads, but sometimes we just cant know. I am so sorry; I know she was so special to you and that kind of pain is almost unbearable, and suffocating. You ARE a great parront, there is no doubt about that! I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain :(

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
My heart is breaking for you Joanna. I wish we could all be there in person to give you a hug

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry:(

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am really sorry to hear this Joanna, I remember your anticipating arrival of her the day you got her. I am sorry Girl, Merlie has a great offer just incase you need some time. :hug8:

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
I am so, so sorry.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no,not sweet Mia :( I am so very sorry for your loss,sendinng you lots of cyber :hug8: and please as others have said reconsider rehoming Lulu and Ellie,they need you now more then ever.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm so sorry Joanna. I know how you feel. When I lost Kei and Toady I wanted to rehome all my birds. I'm very glad I didn't though and I think I would have regretted it. Also, getting necropsies done really helped me have closure even though it made me even more worried about my other birds getting asper too. At least I knew what I was dealing with. Again, I'm so sorry. I know that Mia was very special to you. :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am so very very sorry for your loss Honey. I know your pain, there are no words that can ease it and there will not ever be a time when your memories of her are not bittersweet. We all make choices we regret and we all wish we could have do overs, I don't know why life happens this way. I agree with so many others, that now is not a good time to make life changing, yours and your birds, decisions while your hurting so badly. And I don't know what's going on with you, but beating yourself up won't accomplish anything. If you can, try to find a place or a space where you feel safe and peaceful and try to figure out how to get more balance in your life. You will be in my prayers.

Ginger

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am so sorry Joanna my heart is hurting for you. :heart::hug8::heart::hug8::heart:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
So sad :( I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im so sorry, fly free sweet girl.:hug8:

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Oh Joanna, words can't express my shock and sadness. I'm so sorry. Fly free Mia, sweet one.:hug8:

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Oh No! :sadhug2: I hope you seriously consider Merlie's offer.
Fly free and strong Mia and watch over your Mommy always.

Last edited:

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I am so very sorry for your loss :sadhug2:I know how hard it is to juggle college and pets, I know you have it harder than I as grad school for nursing is harder than social work. Please take Merlie's offer just to give yourself a break, time to rest, time to grieve.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Oh no!

Joanna I am so very sorry that you lost Mia. I had something similar happen with Noodle, I was so tied up with the baby that I just didn't have much time and then things settled down and I was starting to get the hang of this whole parenting and parronting together thing and I lost her. Her last months had been spent like a piece of furniture that I fed and cleaned up after and little else and I am heartbroken over it. I only can take solace that before then her life was really, really good. We both loved one another and now I am putting so much energy into Abby and Elvis and making sure I don't have the same regret if anything were to happen to them.

I am so sorry for your loss, I understand your life has been turned upside down and you feel guilt but don't blame yourself. Life is full of bumps, it won't always be like this and if things calm down and you have a tweet free home then it will feel so empty. Maybe see if someone can help you for the time being until things settle between your grief and other life issues right now. They have dog walkers, maybe get a bird sitter that can come in and play with your flock a little to help out? Just until things get squared away. :hug8:

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:I'm so sorry for your loss.

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
I'm so sorry for your loss of Mia. I've always loved Mia stories. :sadhug2::sad11:

Status
Not open for further replies.