• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fly Free Mia....

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I agree with everyone else who has said to take a step back and hold off on doing something you may regret later. Do the necropsy, maybe take Merlie up on her offer, grieve for your little girl. Fly free, little Mia, knowing how much you were loved. :sadhug:

Deej

Real Name
Deena
:( I'm so sorry for your loss. Joanna, sometimes there isn't anything we can do even if we are there. When my Tazzy died, it wouldn't have made a difference if I was right there holding his foot, it was his time and nothing was going to stop his flying to the bridge. Please be gentle on yourself, and don't feel guilty about working so hard to make a better life for yourself and your flock. Take Teresa up on her offer, I beg you, give yourself some time to clear the fog that is pressing down on you right now. Huge hugs to you.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so very sorry joanna. Please take your time to grieve, before you make permanent decisions. I can imagine how you feel, as can many of us here because we have felt exactly as you do right now. Why is it always our special loves who leave us?

Mia is watching over you now and is flying high and free. Look up and you will see her now and then.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So very sorry :( I hope you do not do something rash that you will regret later. Take time to mourn and really be sure you are doing the right thing. I would hate for you to compound your grief. :hug8:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so very sorry Joanna :sadhug::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:
I will just echo everyone else, please don't make any permanent decisions right now. You did not fail Mia, you loved her with every fiber of your being, be kind and gentle with yourself right now :sadhug:

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I keep going back to this - and not understanding why you feel this was all your fault?
I would strongly urge you to have a necropsy done, for the sake of the other birds.
And if you won't mind me saying so - I think it's rash to make major decisions about your other birds when you are so distraught. Please allow yourself time to really think this over. You may end up making choices that you'll regret.

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope you will consider a necropsy, which might give you closure and relieve your guilt. Stay strong for your other birds.:sadhug2:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
OH gosh Joanna, I am so sorry for you loss of sweet Mia...dont' blame yourself though..you loved her so much...take time to grieve and then make decisions on where you go from here. But please do get a necropsy done...so important for the sake of your other birds.:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Joanna....:hug8:I am crying...oh my gosh...I know how special Mia was to you. I have no words...only hugs....:hug8::hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oh no Mia :(:(:(:(
I'm so sorry Joanna :(

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I am so very sorry. :sadhug2:

I too have felt, in the intensity of grief, that I couldn't be trusted with animals, that I didn't deserve to have them in my life, that I couldn't possibly bear another loss. :sadhug2: Don't make any decisions right now; we really aren't in a position to make good decisions while intense grief is fresh.

Try to be gentle with yourself.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Oh no Joanna, I am so sorry. Mia knows she was so loved by you. Nothing we say can help ease your pain but know we are all here for you. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Parrotadise

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I am so sorry for your loss, Fly free Mia

:hug8:

GlassOnion

I'm so sorry to hear, Joanna! We're here for you! :hug8: :sadhug:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Oh Joanna, I'm so very sorry :( no words can take away the emotions you are feeling right now, just lots of hugs.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I blame myself because I haven't had time. I used to spend time everyday in the bird room with everyone... doing things, fixing things, making things... Then I started school and lost a LOT of time with them. And now because of a million other things that are falling apart in my life I have even less time... so you can see where my guilt comes from.

If this happened pre-grad school and pre- life falling apart... I might have noticed something. I might have been able to stop this....

And now I have to listen to Capri calling for Mia. Listening to her repeat Mia's favorite phrases. Listening to the conversations that she'd have with Mia be left unanswered. It breaks my heart even more...

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I am so very sorry.

This weekend will be the one year anniversary of my beloved Blue Crown leaving this world for the bridge.

I am still grieving.

But, blaming yourself will not help you with the painful mourning you must do. And yes, I know how painful it is. We each are only given so much time here. Your Mia was well loved, and that is what you need to focus on or the pain is just too much.

:hug8:

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
I'm so sorry this has happened. Please give a lot of thought towards re-homing your birds because you can't really change your mind once they're in other homes. =\

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I blame myself because I haven't had time. I used to spend time everyday in the bird room with everyone... doing things, fixing things, making things... Then I started school and lost a LOT of time with them. And now because of a million other things that are falling apart in my life I have even less time... so you can see where my guilt comes from.

If this happened pre-grad school and pre- life falling apart... I might have noticed something. I might have been able to stop this....

And now I have to listen to Capri calling for Mia. Listening to her repeat Mia's favorite phrases. Listening to the conversations that she'd have with Mia be left unanswered. It breaks my heart even more...
Oh Joanna :(
So hard

I feel for you :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.