• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Exp w CROP BURN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Where's T? She'll get to the bottom of this mess.

Ginger

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Peaches is real and truly needs surgery. The breeder stated that she offered to have McDonald do the surgery and return the bird afterwards among a few options. I do not believe that the breeder knew about this thread until after all of our posts to which I am sure some people would not want to deal with the majority of the displeasure that we felt. I hope that she will post but she may not. I believe that this breeder would have had Peaches taken care of but perhaps this was lost in the communication between the two. I hope that an update will be posted for Peaches so that we can all have a happy ending.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am very lost on this as to how one sided it was with the breeder wanting the bird back and the owner not wanting to relinquish and I agree I too would not give it back.

I think whoever and however the breeder became involved to know what was being said is ridiculous that it got out and or back to her.

I guess we can say the bottom line is if you get a freakin' pet, whether it be a dog, a cat, a bird, a goldfish HAVE SOME •••• MONEY SET ASIDE FOR ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN WITH THEIR WELLCARE!!

Time to log off this is silly and I think People are just stupid.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
And none of US had that information either. And IMO, the bird stays with it's owner in every instance, and not just because of the money, they have formed a bond that should be respected. And she should have paid at least half of the medical bills without trying to do it on the cheap. And any breeder who sends a baby home with a hole burnt in it's tummy without knowing it, shouldn't be raising babies.

Ginger

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Yeah right, she can say whatever the hell she wants, but now she's off the hook financially to help that bird. That baby's been walking around with a hole in it's tummy for a least a week or two with no friggen help or response from her. Honesty and concern go along way in my book, nobodies going to say boo to a person who is sincerely concerned and wants to help so you can stop saying were the mob after Frankenstein because I'm not buying it.

Ginger

You would honestly read the breeder's posts after what's happened? I'm by no means saying that she is innocent in this gigantic mess, but your last post is pretty much spot on for what I meant. Go back and read some of the posts, the board had made a decision about the situation.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
At this point, the vet care is being given. Who cares about anything else? We are here for the birds and since the bird is being cared for, it doesn't matter what the other side of the story is, who said what, etc. What's done is done.

Last edited:

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I guess we can say the bottom line is if you get a freakin' pet, whether it be a dog, a cat, a bird, a goldfish HAVE SOME •••• MONEY SET ASIDE FOR ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN WITH THEIR WELLCARE!!
I think that's the take home message here. Not sure I could have put it better myself.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Of course I would have read her posts, I WANT responsible, compassionate, helpful, concerned, intelligent, competent breeders. And if she had to take a little heat to get to the issue, which is helping that baby, then she should have walked the coals, because at the end, if she was sincere and truly wanting to help, she would have been welcomed into this community with open arms. And you know that is the gospel truth. There wasn't one person on this thread who wasn't concerned about Peaches. But to come on now, AFTER the $500 was raised to pay for an injury that should have been taken care of right away, and say she was framed, is crap in my book.

Ginger

Last edited:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
At this point, the vet care is being given. Who cares about anything else? We are here for the birds and since the bird is being cared for, it doesn't matter what the other side of the story is, who said what, etc. What's done is done.
I think the people who donated have the right to know the whole story. Yes, it was ultimately for Peaches' vet care, but it's just a matter of courtesy. Also, it's important to the breeder's reputation that this mess is sorted out.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Hence my apology as I said things against her because I didn't know the whole situation. I do hope she posts here and clears things up. Especially on the point that she was willing to vet the baby with Dr. Scott McDonald and return the baby to the owner as she said. She has a very good reputation with people here who have gotten her babies in the past.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
If she wants redemption, she can write checks to pay back the people who stepped up to the plate for Peaches.

Ginger

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Why would she do that when she already offered to vet the bird with her vet (A reputable vet that would have cost far less) and return peaches to her owner? It was the owner that refused and asked for donations, not the breeder.

And that certainly wouldn't make me want to post on this thread and try to explain my side of things. Not at all.

blackivory

Real Name
Chels

blackivory

Real Name
Chels
Why would she do that when she already offered to vet the bird with her vet (A reputable vet that would have cost far less) and return peaches to her owner? It was the owner that refused and asked for donations, not the breeder.

And that certainly wouldn't make me want to post on this thread and try to explain my side of things. Not at all.
I have no idea who that breeder is BUT in my world, someone who releases a baby bird with crop burn is not a decent person. This is what has annoyed so many people. Doesn't matter if it was an honest mistake, breeders should be certain a baby is fully weaned and healthy BEFORE giving the baby to its new owner.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
All she had to do was the right thing. There would be no way in hell I would have surrendered Trinket or Truely or Zamir or any of my birds back to a breeder who burnt a hole in their baby crop. She can SAY anything she wants, what she should have done was just pay at least half of the surgery costs no questions asked, instead of bargaining about the $$$ while that baby is suffering. And now to come on and start whining and pointing fingers about how AVIAN AVENUE is a lynch mob just makes me even more certain that Peaches would not have been well taken care of in her custody.

Ginger

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I think the people who donated have the right to know the whole story. Yes, it was ultimately for Peaches' vet care, but it's just a matter of courtesy. Also, it's important to the breeder's reputation that this mess is sorted out.
A good and competant breeder would NEVER give a feeding that is not temperature checked period. A good and reliable, knowledgeable breeder would never have a baby that would or could get crop burn. That is my take on this, how in the world do you not know the temperature of a feeding you are giving? I did comfort feedings to one of my own after he came home and I checked the temp to the exact temperature to give to him.

I would be angry but I would have also taken care of this myself after blasting the breeder. I blasted one of my breeders one time and she no longer breeds. I did get a great bird but I did not get the species I was sold. That is another story, but she swears to it and sent me pics of Hoosier's Lilac crown parents and he is clearly a red Lored. :rolleyes: Was mine competant? Probably not in the realm of species being part of a breeding co-op that is the only part on how she mis-diagnosed what he was but I did get a healthy bird. So that goes to show you that some breeders can be good breeders yet even one of my own was NOT competant and if they cannot take the HEAT as this baby could not they should not be breeding birds.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
AGAIN the breeder offered to take Peaches back OR have Peaches vetted at her vet and returned to the OP. Not just surrender the bird. And this makes me even more certain why she won't be on this thread to talk or explain her side. :( I'm out, Peaches is getting the vet care she needs thanks to caring people who could afford to help out, that's all that matters.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope Peaches has a quick recovery, and wish her all the best. That's all I have to say. Feeling a bit jaded, logging out early now.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
AGAIN the breeder offered to take Peaches back OR have Peaches vetted at her vet and returned to the OP. Not just surrender the bird. And this makes me even more certain why she won't be on this thread to talk or explain her side. :( I'm out, Peaches is getting the vet care she needs thanks to caring people who could afford to help out, that's all that matters.
I hear you on this Kristen but to come on here and make it seem so one sided as to the issue or what the breeder was not going to do made People jump to it and give donations. I read some of the posts that sounded as it the breeder would not do anything, would get it done at a fraction of the cost or let this baby suffer and maybe not have it done.

I think that the OP jumped everyone here through many hoops with that one side. I am sorry that those feel upset about this but you are right the bird is getting the care it needs. I feel bad for those who may feel duped into how they sprung into action only knowing one side. That just sucks. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.