• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Exp w CROP BURN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Can't wait to hear Peaches on the road to recovery!
Way to go AA!:hug8:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Thank goodness things are working out. Of course with as many people who have been working on this, it better work out!

Now we just have to send those warm fuzzy hugs and positive healing energies for Peaches on Friday.

Please keep us posted as much as possible, Cynthia. Thanks.

CountryChick

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cynthia
Going to start a new thread. Not sure what to call it or where to start it but I want y'all to follow peaches' recovery!!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
What time/day is her surgery?

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
After hearing both sides, I'm going to retract a lot of what I said with apologies. Something I rarely do. I'm just glad Peaches will get care, whether from Dr. Scott McDonald or CC's vet and will recover. A very poignant reminder that we all need to have vet funds set aside, especially when getting a new bird.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I'm with Kristen, the other side to this story makes things look very different.

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
i'm glad peaches is getting treatment! good luck with the surgery:hug8:

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Good thoughts for Peaches - a successful surgery and a quick recovery.:hug8:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
One reason I try to remain nonjudgemental (I said TRY) is because I learned a very long time ago there are always at least two sides to every story; if not three, four or even more, depending on how many people were watching....

One of the things I most regret about being handicapped and financially strapped is I had to give up rescuing feral cats; I no longer have the disposible cash to do that. The second thing is that it has created a real financial burden to keep the animals I presently have healthy and up to date with vaccines and vet appointments; but so far I manage. Compromizes have been made about certain foods and treats, but at least the cats and parrots are kept at approximately the same level they enjoyed before my back surgery. The thought of losing my pets is not something I wish to contemplate. And I would give them up if I could not maintain their health and someone else had to do it for me. It is not fair for them to suffer and miss healthcare and good food just because I am handicapped.

I have to remind myself I have many of my previous rescues here with me in my home, and that does make me happy. I just have to remember, no matter how dire the call I get or the story I hear I cannot come to the rescue any more in the future. The world turns, times change and we all age and find new ways things have to be done in order to keep our head above water.

Cyreen

Good luck to Peaches tomorrow!

Cyreen

After hearing both sides, I'm going to retract a lot of what I said with apologies. Something I rarely do.
I'm with Kristen, the other side to this story makes things look very different.
Obviously I missed something. These posts have a flavour of "I know something you don't know" that has the potential of souring the good will of those whose prime objective is health of a injured baby bird, which I'm sure wasn't your intent. Essentially what I'm saying is "if you have something to say, say it" or provide a link to the relevant information.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
This isn't a 'nyah nyah nyah' statement, but aimed as an apology to the breeder who has been following and reading this thread and what's been said.

Cyreen

This isn't a 'nyah nyah nyah' statement, but aimed as an apology to the breeder who has been following and reading this thread and what's been said.
I did understand your intent. Do you have a redirect to the "other side" of the story?

Last edited:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Okay this is BS again. If the breeder was reading the entire story then why didn't s/he say something BEFORE people sent money to help Peaches. And even if she wasn't at fault, she certainly could have stepped up to explain and offer to help her client with the bird. Is this entire thing a scam? A set up? It really makes me mad when somebody comes in after the fact with knowledge and help that should have been shared with the beginning. This kind of crap is why AA can't really hold a fund raiser to help anybody because crappy people will take advantage of it.

Ginger

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Is Peaches even a real bird with real issues? Did anyone check with the vet before sending money?

Ginger

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Okay this is BS again. If the breeder was reading the entire story then why didn't s/he say something BEFORE people sent money to help Peaches. And even if she wasn't at fault, she certainly could have stepped up to explain and offer to help her client with the bird. Is this entire thing a scam? A set up? It really makes me mad when somebody comes in after the fact with knowledge and help that should have been shared with the beginning. This kind of crap is why AA can't really hold a fund raiser to help anybody because crappy people will take advantage of it.
I personally cannot blame her for not coming here. We as a group can look like torch wielding villagers in situations like this. It's not my story to tell, and no one had the information until after the fact.

I can say that Peaches is indeed a real bird in need of medical assistance. I am glad that she is getting it.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
And you know what talk is cheap. She should have come on here concerned about that baby bird with all her and her vets credentials because she knows that every single person on this board was only trying to help that baby. I am so pissed!

Ginger

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Okay, I am lost here as to where the other side of the story comes in to play. There is a bird and there are pictures of a horrible issue going on.

How has this breeder come into play to read what has been said here? And if so, why has this breeder not stepped up and said something as to why a bird would leave her care like that?

CountryChick

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cynthia
Yes yes yes!! This is real!! Thanks to EVERYONE (but the breeder) Peaches is headed for surgery this morning! AA (and phone calls to my vets and the peeps on Facebook) have been an AMAZING support system - as is AA's intentions!!! The "implications" that there are two sides did upset me yesterday but I was reminded by a wonderful fan of Peaches that this little pineapple green cheek conure is the focus and she IS getting the help she needs now! Please PM me if y'all have any personal questions! I am going to post under Conures for today's surgery updates.
:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Yeah right, she can say whatever the hell she wants, but now she's off the hook financially to help that bird. That baby's been walking around with a hole in it's tummy for a least a week or two with no friggen help or response from her. Honesty and concern go along way in my book, nobodies going to say boo to a person who is sincerely concerned and wants to help so you can stop saying were the mob after Frankenstein because I'm not buying it.

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.