• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Encouraging Cockatiels to mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I do understand a little how the original poster is so spicy. I too was kind of a wild child. I worked hard, but I also played hard, and wasn't always respectful of people.

I've mellowed as I've aged. I'm much more tolerant than I was when young.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry @hrafn totally called for. I'm sick of the I.W.I.N. generation. If I acted that way I would have been lambasted in to middle of next year by my dad.
So you're saying we're all arrogant, entitled, and rude? I've always had to work for my money, I've never been handed anything on a platter, and my mother raised me properly, but I'm a millennial. I was born in 1993, not in a palace where I could do whatever and have whatever I wanted. Not to drag her in, but Brittany's also a millennial, and look what all she's done for AA, and for Java.

Every generation thinks the generations that follow them are terrible, self-obsessed snot rags. There are quotes from the Ancient Greeks about those darn "kids today". Humans have always been that way and we probably always will be, but that doesn't actually mean that every person who's younger than you is an idiot.

Millennials are 22-37 now; we're not the teenagers you're lambasting.

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So you're saying we're all arrogant, entitled, and rude? I've always had to work for my money, I've never been handed anything on a platter, and my mother raised me properly, but I'm a millennial. I was born in 1993, not in a palace where I could do whatever and have whatever I wanted. Not to drag her in, but Brittany's also a millennial, and look what all she's done for AA, and for Java.

Every generation thinks the generations that follow them are terrible, self-obsessed snot rags. There are quotes from the Ancient Greeks about those darn "kids today". Humans have always been that way and we probably always will be, but that doesn't actually mean that every person who's younger than you is an idiot.

yup, i agree, people never change from generation to generation....

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
@WhteRnbwBirdie - Multiple very experienced and knowledgeable parrot people have given you advice. It may not have been the kind you wanted to hear, but it is advice. Yes, you are correct: all breeders start somewhere. However, many people, including myself, think that you are going about this all wrong. Many of your posts make me worried. Your plan seems to be to just ‘try it all out,’ and learn as you go. See, that is the problem I have with all of this. You are responsible for these living, breathing little beings. There are risks involved with breeding and responsible breeders need to be completely prepared for worst case-scenario. These animals are completely dependent on YOU. If I were you, I would just focus on giving your current birds the best life possible. You have already told us that if you end up with some babies without homes, you will just give them away to a store. That seriously worries me. I don’t care if it’s Petco or a bird-only store, you will literally have brought the little birds into this world only to be given away to await for their forever home and possibly be passed around from home to home later in their life. Based on previous posts, you don’t seem to have the ability to take any sick or injured birds to the vet. This is very dangerous. Not only do your current birds need vet care, but the babies will, too.

I do not think anybody here can change your mind about breeding. Even after 12 pages of this thread, you still seem so set on this “fun hobby.” Okay, then, but I have one request.... please, please, I beg and urge you to do so much research. Use multiple sources, don’t just rely on a book. Get a mentor to help you, if you are so set on doing this. And, please, just understand that breeding is not easy, and it is not always fun; in fact, it can be heartbreaking if something goes wrong.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I am saying there are few in this millennial generation that need a huge dose of reality. And some are rude, entitled, overprotected. I don't doubt that you are one of the few, that knows how to work, cope and have great future. But I see too many that don't give crap as they run their protected lives into the ground.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I actually can't remember the last time a thread managed to stay on topic past 10 pages...:embarassed:

Didn't mean to contribute to the lunacy. :ashamed2:

I like it at times. I think everything about the breeding has been said already.
The rest just helps us get to know each other a little better.
As long as no one gets nasty, it can be fun.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

I like it at times. I think everything about the breeding has been said already.
The rest just helps us get to know each other a little better.
As long as no one gets nasty, it's can be fun.
Y'know, now that I think about it, the fart thread is probably still on topic :laughin:

WhteRnbwBirdie

Hit the Road
Real Name
Erica
It was just that back in the baby boom gen, people used to hit their children. It got them to listen, but it also made many resentful of their "parents"

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
It was just that back in the baby boom gen, people used to hit their children. It got them to listen, but it also made many resentful of their "parents"

I saw a wooden spoon more than I care to admit. I also admit I most assuredly deserved it! I also am not resentful of my parents. They were loving, supportive, and engaged.

They taught me there were consequences for the things I chose. At times the fun I had was worth the spanking!

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I got beat ALOT as a kid, probably deserve it I was a menace and I came out ok. I don't resent my folks either but sometimes wanna beat my father with a sack of potatoes :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.