• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Duckie's DNA test

What will Duckie's DNA test reveal?

• male

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • female

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Someone suggested I do an "official" DNA test poll, so if you'd like to weigh in, it will soon officially be known.

:eek:

Don't worry. We didn't take the whole foot. She sure knows something feels funny though. ;)

Resting now.

By the way, we're only doing this because we are choosing a new pal to join the flock, and want to make sure we know about their potential "compatibility."

I will honestly be surprised either way. In the last few years I've had the hunch that Duckie is probably male, but I've also been saying "she" for so long...

Now we wait.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'll say Duckie is a girl.

I'm a real "expert" on these sort of things...I'm right about half the time...;)

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Some say (although I wouldn't put much weight on it) that boy GCCs have flatter heads and girl's heads are softer and rounded so I will say Duckie is girl ;)

(By the way, I have two DNA confirmed boys and one has a rounded head and one has a flat head :huh:)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Going with girl just because I like them so. Be the girl lil Duckie :xflove:

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Some say (although I wouldn't put much weight on it) that boy GCCs have flatter heads and girl's heads are softer and rounded so I will say Duckie is girl ;)

(By the way, I have two DNA confirmed boys and one has a rounded head and one has a flat head :huh:)
It's interesting because in the picture I posted with her foot up, her head looks round, but I often see her with quite a flat head. It depends on her posture I suppose. You can kind of see the flat head in my signature line photo. I have no idea!

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
I'll say Duckie is a girl.

I'm a real "expert" on these sort of things...I'm right about half the time...;)
Hahaha! I like that. I'm going to use that line. ;)

@webchirp needs to guess :D

I say boy :p
I say boy too! Though you're right, @webchirp is probably the expert here!

Just a feeling I'm getting , I'm going to say Duckie is a girl. :smileflower:
It seems a feeling is just as valid as any of the male/female traits as there are so many exceptions. :)

Going with girl just because I like them so. Be the girl lil Duckie :xflove:
I THINK we're hoping for boy, because we're pretty sure the potential flock member is a boy (DNA test results on the way for him too), and I don't want eggs! :eeeek: BUT once we find out, and if they are opposite sexes, well, we may just go ahead anyway.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
I'll say female. I was right with Dexter (I'd of call him Morgan if he had turned out to be a she) (high fives to anyone who can guess where I got that name from, it should be easy) but that's a 50/50 chance xD

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I'll say female. I was right with Dexter (I'd of call him Morgan if he had turned out to be a she) (high fives to anyone who can guess where I got that name from, it should be easy) but that's a 50/50 chance xD
One of my favorite shows. . .Dexter of course. ;) I kind of wish it was still on, but I guess that's why they continued it with comics.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Okay! So we got the DNA results of the two birdies who are the potential new flock members. By the way, one is a Dusky Conure, and the other is another GCC. We were leaning toward the GCC because we thought that might be best for Duckie, but they are both very sweet, very different from each other birds. WELL, they are BOTH FEMALE!! SO that was a surprise as we were really thinking they would both be boys! I really can't wait now to get Duckie's results. =))

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh good grief.. which to choose, which to choose. I, too am right 1/2 the time anyhow! I'm going to say Duckie is a BOY, based on your hunches @orphansparrow

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Thank you for your vote @Fergus Mom even though now I'm really hoping for the result of FEMALE because of the DNA results of the other GCC!!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Okay! So we got the DNA results of the two birdies who are the potential new flock members. By the way, one is a Dusky Conure, and the other is another GCC. We were leaning toward the GCC because we thought that might be best for Duckie, but they are both very sweet, very different from each other birds. WELL, they are BOTH FEMALE!! SO that was a surprise as we were really thinking they would both be boys! I really can't wait now to get Duckie's results. =))
:wideyed:

I will say though Duckie reminds me of Rocco in the veggie videos...

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I am going to vote Boy because s/he's name reminds me of Pretty in Pink! :lol:

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
OMG!! I was expecting an email, but never got one, so just checked the iQBirdTesting website, looked at my account AND...the results are in!! :laugh::heart:

I cannot explain how, like...utterly surprised I am, even though that's what I guessed!
:hug8:

Last edited: