• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Duckie's DNA test

What will Duckie's DNA test reveal?

• male

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • female

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
9 years?! Oh my... I went 2 ish years calling Sherbie a boy. It was hard changing over to the female pronoun. It probably took me a month or two to get used to it though.
Yeah it's tough! I'm not even changing over most of the time. Especially when I talk to my husband. We still say "she" this and "she" that. It seems weird and clinical to start calling Duckie "he" to each other, just because that's what he tested as. Lol! If that makes sense.

Congrats! I love Duckie's name. Is it from the tv show NCIS ?
Thanks! No its not! What is that? I thought I made it up when I was looking for a gender neutral name when I got him. :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
It was a bit easier to come up with new pet names to help transition. I started calling her Little Miss Eggs, Miss Babies, Miss Egg Booty, "Peep"... etc. The other half's mom started calling her "Sherbie-lou".

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
NCIS is a tv show :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
P.S., thanks for posting that site. I was going to do testing through another facility and yours is a bit cheaper. :) I ordered the kit and will send it in once we go to the vet next.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
P.S., thanks for posting that site. I was going to do testing through another facility and yours is a bit cheaper. :) I ordered the kit and will send it in once we go to the vet next.
Yeah, I read this thread to hubby & now he wants to have the Bug tested. He thinks that spoiled princess of his might be a boy because she reminds him of our entitled brat Pistachio. :roflmao:

*sigh* Birds. Where else can you get that special blend of abuse and affection? Gotta love 'em.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Yeah, I read this thread to hubby & now he wants to have the Bug tested. He thinks that spoiled princess of his might be a boy because she reminds him of our entitled brat Pistachio. :roflmao:

*sigh* Birds. Where else can you get that special blend of abuse and affection? Gotta love 'em.
OMG you are cracking me up. I just read about your girl incubating in-shell almonds and now this? I think my seams are splitting!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
OMG you are cracking me up. I just read about your girl incubating in-shell almonds and now this? I think my seams are splitting!
Hey if the almonds work, you'd better believe I'll be giving her Brazil nuts next time! :hilarious: