• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Diamond dove peeling. Skin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
Sorry guys for not updating for a few days. Lovey is doing great a part of his scab has fallen of and their finally is live skin. He has fallen on his back a few times which has led to further scarinng but he is doing great and has thank fully not fallen on his back for 3 days. I am on the sight again with the laptop so i will try to send pics as soon as possible. Thank you guys again for your advice and support.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
:drinks::giveme5:

Go Lovey!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
I believe it is Pakistan. And there are not a lot of resources or vets there. Due to the Muslim belief and depending on how devout the area is - animals as pets are considered distractions in the lesser spectrum and completely dirty/should be exterminated in the far spectrum. I think Pakistan is somewhere towards the middle where they don’t get too crazy about pets but they probably aren’t encouraged. In Iran it can mean death to own a pet and certainly they euthanize pets routinely there. We are lucky to live in places where we don’t have to choose between having a pet or going to prison and being tortured/killed.
Yes you guessed right I am from Pakistan!! and i love my country very much. In my opinion what happens in Iran is very very wrong and sad but not due to religious reasons( and if so these people are in no way good Muslims). However there is nothing like this in Pakistan. The bird hobbie is huge And there are even specific markets for selling birds and some of these breeders and experienced people also are the only Vets as said by Ellie due to demand. The reason there are not many vets as people consider it a less economical job and don't want to pay and go to University for that. Which in my opinion is very sad. I suppose you must me miss informed as in Islam we our encouraged by God to take care of animals and feed them though God has said That if you do not take good care of them and cause them intentional harm you will be severely punished. And then some people have taken it so so wrongly and prefer not to even own these pets , which is very sad. In no way animals are considered distractions and dirty except for pigs and even for cruelty on that animal is said to be harshly punished. It in no way applies that animals should be exterminated. The Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) himself had a pet camel named Qaswa.:fairy::fairy::fairy::):)

And Ramadan Mubarak to every Muslim:)

Last edited:

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Yes, I doubt what happens would be considered of Islam. I think it is most likely just another way to try to suppress the Iranian people. We completely understand that it is the extremists who push the death of people for animals and animals or people.
We might all not believe the same but we all love the same. :)

ELS

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ellie
I am so glad Lovey is doing better! I guess he will always have a problem with falling over, but I think the shelves and soft surfaces will help him a lot. :)

Yes you guessed right I am from Pakistan!! and i love my country very much. In my opinion what happens in Iran is very very wrong and sad but not due to religious reasons( and if so these people are in no way good Muslims). However there is nothing like this in Pakistan. The bird hobbie is huge And there are even specific markets for selling birds and some of these breeders and experienced people also are the only Vets as said by Ellie due to demand. The reason there are not many vets as people consider it a less economical job and don't want to pay and go to University for that. Which in my opinion is very sad. I suppose you must me miss informed as in Islam we our encouraged by God to take care of animals and feed them though God has said That if you do not take good care of them and cause them intentional harm you will be severely punished. And then some people have taken it so so wrongly and prefer not to even own these pets , which is very sad. In no way animals are considered distractions and dirty except for pigs and even for cruelty on that animal is said to be harshly punished. It in no way applies that animals should be exterminated. The Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) himself had a pet camel named Qaswa.:fairy::fairy::fairy::):)

And Ramadan Mubarak to every Muslim:)
:yes:

I think there are a dozen or so schools that offer veterinary training/education in Pakistan now, so hopefully everyone will start to have more options as people realize that veterinary medicine can be profitable (and also that it is noble to help animals!).

Even in Iran I haven't heard of anything quite so extreme as death or imprisonment for the owner. They have made it illegal to walk dogs or have them in the car in Tehran, and will confiscate them and have them euthanized if they see people with them. This is less to do with Islam though, and more to do with them trying to keep out things they consider Western. Unfortunately dogs are easy targets because while they are not haram (forbidden) in the Qur'an, there are things against them in Hadith, and since Western culture loves dogs it makes them sort of a symbol for the government's rejection of the West. :no: But of course, Iranians love their pets and refuse to listen to these laws anyway, and even many of the police are so tired of it that they look the other way.

Sorry for being off-topic; it is an interesting subject. Ramadan Mubarak, Suhaimah!

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
I’ve read a few a different articles on it. I specifically stated that it was about extremism, not the ordinary person. I refuse to look away and whitewash it because it’s easier. Several hundred people arrested on May Day and over 7000 last year in Iran with some people still not knowing what they were charged with. I’m truly happy things are much better in Pakistan for people and their pets :)

Also I’m very happy that Lovey is better. Hopefully he continues to get better and no more hurting himself when he falls over :D

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
Here they are I know the wound looks bigger but that is due to rescarring the white spot on the wound is covering the new live skin and if you look close enough the scab can be seen peeling. But trust me this wound now is soooo much better then when he rescarred himself. The rescar happened when we came back from the vet he may have been stressed I guess. BUT RIGHT NOW PECKING AT MASHED POTATOES HAPPILY. IMG_20190509_171951.jpg IMG_20190509_172353.jpg IMG_20190509_172337.jpg IMG_20190509_172246.jpg

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
The white stuff on the wound is the ointment yet to be absorbed by the skin. :)

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Lovey looks so much better. So happy to see improvement :loveshower:

EnglishBudgMom

Walking the driveway
I am so glad Lovey is doing better! I guess he will always have a problem with falling over, but I think the shelves and soft surfaces will help him a lot. :)

:yes:

I think there are a dozen or so schools that offer veterinary training/education in Pakistan now, so hopefully everyone will start to have more options as people realize that veterinary medicine can be profitable (and also that it is noble to help animals!).

Even in Iran I haven't heard of anything quite so extreme as death or imprisonment for the owner. They have made it illegal to walk dogs or have them in the car in Tehran, and will confiscate them and have them euthanized if they see people with them. This is less to do with Islam though, and more to do with them trying to keep out things they consider Western. Unfortunately dogs are easy targets because while they are not haram (forbidden) in the Qur'an, there are things against them in Hadith, and since Western culture loves dogs it makes them sort of a symbol for the government's rejection of the West. :no: But of course, Iranians love their pets and refuse to listen to these laws anyway, and even many of the police are so tired of it that they look the other way.

Sorry for being off-topic; it is an interesting subject. Ramadan Mubarak, Suhaimah!
I'll chime in, as my Husband is from Iran (left when he was a teen). I think in Iran, in particular, pets inside the home is just considered dirty as all get out. Not haram, just unclean. My in-laws cannot stand dogs of any kind, for any reason. They border on paranoia/fear with dogs! Interestingly, they LOVE birds. They all got very excited when we got Bubbles, but stopped coming over when we had a dog for a short time years ago. The family that still lives in Iran (most of my husbands immediate family is in the US) all saw pictures of Bubbles on social media and said "what a lovely love bird". Me: She's a Budgie, not a Lovebird! I assume it's a translation thing.

Anyway, because of the "pets are filthy dirty things" attitude, it is hard to find vet services/supplies, etc... in many Middle Eastern countries. Meanwhile, I've had to edit this response several times because Bubbles is playing on my laptop and keeps beaking programs open by messing with the touch screen.:joyful:o_O