• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Creepiest thing your bird does?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just wrote this on another thread, but my canary used to tuck his head back and rock back and forth on his swing. He looked like a frantic tennis ball.

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
I am not sure this is creepy, but Georgie loves to fly to my younger siblings just to here them scream. :lol:She loves terrorizing them because she likes what she hears I guess so much for an angel. :rofl:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
We have had Howard our rescue BFA for 3 years. He talks some and mumbles to himself a lot of time. The one thing he has done since we got him is laugh when someone is sick or we talk about someone who passed away. Everytime... My husband had knee surgery last summer and everytime he would limp by Howard on crutches Howard would laugh so loud hard he'd about fall off his stand. My daughter was on the couch with vertigo so bad she couldn't even stand by herself. Howard loved that. Anytime I'd help her stand and he saw her he laughed. I'm talking about an all out belly laugh the kind that makes your sides hurt. I was on the phone talking to my sister about our great aunt passing away...I left the room before my sister thought it was me laughing. I don't know where he was before we got him or what went on there and I don't want to know!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
My neighbors have LCA and she barks like a dog... all... morning.... long.... and then she will wolf whistle and repeats weird things off the radio.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Frankie will start talking gibberish with a really deep man's voice sometimes when we are playing. Then he will put his beak right against my nose and his eyes will dilate as he is staring into my eyes. It's like he can see into my soul, his gaze is that intense. It freaks me out a bit so I look away, then he laughs, and goes back to normal.

Other times he will sit in his cage and talk gibberish in that really weird deep mans voice and he will hold his foot up and keep curling it and uncurling it as his head is going from side to side and his eyes are dilating. I tried to video him doing it but as soon as he saw the camera he stopped.

SherLar

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherri and Larry
Koko, our B&G sometimes will calmly start calling "HELP. HELP. HELP". First time i heard it, the hair on my arms raised. We were told her first owners that had her for 28 yrs, were retired and eventually the woman died, the husband kept Koko for about a year more then was adopted out for unknown reasons. My mind of course goes to the wife that may have been ill for some time. But that is speculation. It is a creepy sound. When others hear it, you can see the look of horror in their eyes. All i can do is shrug.
sherri

I just love all these stories