• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Creepiest thing your bird does?

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A Facebook group I am part of started a similar thread and it's so funny I thought I would put the question to you guys! One person said their usually high-pitched macaw will say in a deep man's voice "hello...hahaha" and obviously only at 2 in the morning!

Do yours say or do anything particularly creepy? I'd love to hear it!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Ruby can go a little overboard licking me.. especially after a hot day when I've been sweating. Last night she was sitting behind my head on my shoulders and running her beak through my hair licking my scalp. If I have makeup on she goes nuts licking my face and I have to make her stop so she doesn't ingest any. But licking the ear... can get a little creepy with the noises!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
When Adelie was younger and I hadn´t started covering her for bedtime, I would look over and she would be sat undet the wooden bridge just staring at me. It was weird. She spent a lot of time playing under there during the day, but at night when it was darker I could just see her face looking at me out from under there.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kamara has a completely horrifying demon voice that she only uses when the lights are off. I can't even tell what she's saying, but it's just the lowest-pitched, scratchiest, most terrifying voice I have ever heard, and she always follows it up with a very villain-esque laugh. Nightmarish.

It's especially creepy because her usual voice is high-pitched and saccharine sweet, so it's like listening to Regan when she's possessed by Pazuzu, lmao

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Today, I stepped out of the bath and as soon as I stood up, I noticed Tootie's face watching me. He was on his boing rope and had stretched to peer around a corner into the bathroom. How rude! :rofl:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What is it with birds creepily watching us?! When I am doing my uni work I will realise its gone quiet, turn around and be greeted with the both of them sat on the perch right behind me, just intently watching me :eek:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Scooby CAG/TAG blend likes to stand on one foot with his wings completely outstretched and the toe of his other foot in his mouth. I must get a picture of this!
:lol: I would love to see that picture if you manage to take one! :roflmao::roflmao:

flappergirl35

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer Beckman
Oh no, this is a bit of a sensitive topic for me, but Conner my GCC likes to sit in the bathroom. Whenever a man uses the bathroom he'll say, "Conner take a bath?" or he'll fly to their shoulders and in a weird voice say, "Good boy...good boy."
When it's a woman in there, even me, he says "I like PU**". I'm Puss. He gave me that nickname years ago, and I have NO idea where he got it from. He's said that to women who go in and use the bathroom and he happens to be there. I've since fired him as bathroom attendant, lol. As an aside, I've always asked people if they want me to remove him from the bathroom if they want to use it. If they think he's alright in there, they get what they get, lol.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Tau used to silently climb down the cage (ninja style) til he was right at the side of me and let out an almighty flock call right in my ear. The other thing he'll do is climb the back of his cage, flip his head right back so he's looking at ne upside-down and just stare at me like he's saying 'Yeah? What?'. That is actually really creepy to me.
I said used to because we've changed the lounge around and I'm beside the budgies now ;)
Scooby CAG/TAG blend likes to stand on one foot with his wings completely outstretched and the toe of his other foot in his mouth. I must get a picture of this!
Yes, you must!

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not exactly creepy, but one time shortly after I adopted Squeaky, I was in my room half dozing when I suddenly heard "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" coming from the bird room. I went running in thtere legit thinking it was an alarm or someone had broken in, but no, it was just him.

Lynn L.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
Baby (CAG), from a rescue says 'Hello' in a perfect male voice only no men live in this house. The first couple times I thought someone had let themselves in. Baby also carries on a whole conversation like listening to someone on the phone in another room. It's in a low male voice.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I suppose I'll add to the creepy bathroom stories...Milton always pushes the bathroom door open and announces, "WANNA WET"...no matter what's going on in there...:rolleyes:

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Dexter likes flying to/stepping up onto random people, which sounds fine until I’m out in public with Dexter on the harness, a woman with a newborn sits in front of me in the bleachers... and she feels a weird four fingered “hand” touch her shoulder... I apologized when It happened and she said it was fine, but I can just imagine never holding a parrot before, sitting down somewhere with a new born, and feeling a weird hand on your shoulder LMAO he’s also taken off and flown to people standing a little to close, and constantly flies to @faislaq and her husband o_O

On another note, one of Dexter’s favorite sounds is a smokers cough from Indiana. Sounds so real karen thought it was me until I mentioned it to her xD I need to get it on video at some point. If he hears someone cough (burn only real coughs) he’ll repeat it like he’s mocking me.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What is it with birds creepily watching us?! When I am doing my uni work I will realise its gone quiet, turn around and be greeted with the both of them sat on the perch right behind me, just intently watching me :eek:
I don’t know but Capt Jack does it too. He sits on a small perch in the nearest corner to my desk and stares. Maybe the whole time I work! Sometimes he will whisper “Captain Jack.”

And when i go out of the room but they’re in their cage, they hang on it and shake up and down. Looking like prisoners who need food.

Dexter likes flying to/stepping up onto random people, which sounds fine until I’m out in public with Dexter on the harness, a woman with a newborn sits in front of me in the bleachers... and she feels a weird four fingered “hand” touch her shoulder... I apologized when It happened and she said it was fine, but I can just imagine never holding
When my kids were little I was in a pet store with one baby in a front back and one in a backpack. A Too flew over and landed ON THE BABY on my back! You can imagine my fear, I couldn’t see what was happening, couldn’t get the backpack off without help and without taking off the front pack (and where was I going to put the baby while I did this?). An employee helped after at least 5 minutes passed. A manager approached me as I was leaving and said that “shouldn’t have happened.” Ya think??

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Sometimes he will whisper “Captain Jack.”
:lol: oddly cute :)

I know Lapis stares at me during the day every now and then. She comes right into the corner to have a look, and just sits watching me, I can feel eyes on me...

Eggburt Dobson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Marisa
I had a friend over who was very afraid of birds. She was meeting Burt for the first time and was nervous, but I assured her he is nice and he only hisses. Well she's feeling brave enough to let Burt hop onto her arm and Burt instantly runs down to her hand to peel some dead skin off her finger.
Unsurprisingly she is still afraid of birds

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Valentine stares at me, I have an enclosure around the cage and sometimes she will swoop down, climb the enclosure, scoot over to me and stare.
She stares at me for no reason. Wonder what's she's thinking. :think1: