• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Creepiest thing your bird does?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Jason has a creepy maniacal laugh.

Combine that with a wicked sense of humor.
One time Jason was chatting away.....
Then I heard "Jason's a good boy. Nevermore." Followed by his maniacal laugh.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm enjoying reading these so much :hilarious: Hilarious! I suppose this is the price we pay for letting intelligent creatures with the ability to mimic speech into our homes :lol:

Well she's feeling brave enough to let Burt hop onto her arm and Burt instantly runs down to her hand to peel some dead skin off her finger.
Hey some people pay a fortune for a manicure like that! :smuggrin:

One time Jason was chatting away.....
Then I heard "Jason's a good boy. Nevermore." Followed by his maniacal laugh.
That's soooo creepy! You should teach him "quoth the Jason, nevermore" :hehe:

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
I guess I'm in the minority since I don't find anything they really do creepy per say. I mean, they do weird stuff. Diggle likes to sit in the back corner of the cage where no one can see him, face the wall, and scream his head off as he dances back and forth. Slade likes to skirt dance me like he's going to do die if he doesn't do it. Ollie just really likes to people watch and then say "gimme kiss, smooch sound, thank you, good boy Ollie". I'm use to being stared at though, Roka, my pomeranian is a BIG starer.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Hmmm...just wanna mention one of Crown's old 'tricks'(he did that for a year or too before stopping).I'll give you this scenario-->

C:Hey pretty pretty boy?(calls out to me)
M: (doing homework and always doing hw when he does that) What?
C:Fat boy!
M: Puffy?
C:*babbles something around the lines of curses and being busted.

Not that creepy but at night in the midst of homework???

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Bo mimics some of the weirdest things in our house. The squeaky pantry door in the middle of the night, the sound of grandma's walker, and he does Gracie chirps which is hard to take in the morning. If he did grandma's whistle I would have to be committed.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Anyone ever see the video of the Amazon with the creepy witch laugh???
I´m sure there is someone on AA that has a bird with a creepy as heck laugh... I just can´t think who it is!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Anyone ever see the video of the Amazon with the creepy witch laugh????? Or the one who cries like a baby. I would lose my mind if my bird did that.
I saw the one with the amazon crying like a baby ( hated that cage it was in)... birds are all telling about what happens in a home! Yes... that would be stressful. Lola used to howl like my old yorkie. He would do that when I was outside without him and she picked it up perfect. It's just weird to hear it when the dog is long gone.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Galahad, my black capped conure, isn't really fond of showers, but I take him in a few times a week anyway, especially since he's moulting now, and he sits on his perch looking like a cranky old man (he's 6 months) and grumbles at me (like a conure does) and sometimes he turns his head to get a good look and I swear he looks me over! Totally creeps me out!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Also, has everyone seen that cockatoo Max talking? His first human had a cb radio so that's what it sounds like, but I swear it sounds like a demon!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Also, has everyone seen that cockatoo Max talking? His first human had a cb radio so that's what it sounds like, but I swear it sounds like a demon!
Yes! I love Max! This is one of my favorites:

At the zoo near me they have a bunch of corvids who can't be released back to the wild, and there's this one raven who laughs like a child. It's super creepy, lol.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Yes! I love Max! This is one of my favorites:

At the zoo near me they have a bunch of corvids who can't be released back to the wild, and there's this one raven who laughs like a child. It's super creepy, lol.
I haven't seen that one before! I love when he punctuates his words and does the wing twitch!

SmallFeather

Walking the driveway
My little guy Barley will say "hi..." in the middle of the night if anything wakes him up. I'm a really light sleeper, so if he wakes up, I wake up. The first thing I always hear when I wake up really disoriented is "hi..." in Barley's little high pitched voice. Scares the heck out of me sometimes. On the flip side, I always wake up in the morning to a "you're so cute!" first thing, so that is the plus side of keeping him in my room at night. I always get a dose of "Barley positivity" to start my day off good!