• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Come Home Cappuccino! UPDATE

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Best news we could ever had. We are so grateful she decided she wanted to be back with her flock. :leslieatwork:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so happy for you and for Cappuccino. She wanted to come home and she did.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:starshower:Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and Cappuccino! :starshower1:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Oh my gosh!!!! I am so, so, so happy she is home!!!! :heart::heart::heart:
I am sure the entire flock is thrilled!
:grouphug2:

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Oh thank gods! I was watching this thread with my heart in my throat~I pray this never happens to us. This would be my worst nightmare.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
omg what great news to wake up to!!! That's wonderful!! I am sooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!!!!! Does Sunset wear a harness when she is sitting on your arm on the deck?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thank you so much everyone!!!
OH man that is so awesome:dance4:I bet she never wants to do that again and the protocol at your house has been adjusted. So glad we have a happy ending, stuff her full of her favorite junk food and give her lots of love and scritches for all of us.
Your so right, I don't think she will ever want to go on an adventure like that again, and I don't think hubby will ever forget he has a bird on his shoulder again. Apparently I was impossible to live with the last few days. My kids called me mopey bird mom. Scratches from everyone here on AA for her for sure today!!

That's wonderful!!!
I'm so happy for you both, amazing. Good girl staying in the area too, that's great she hung around and could make it home with your help. :hug8:
Thank you! It was amazing that she knew the area so well. She does go on car rides frequently, and she also goes outside a lot in several bird safe areas I have around my home. It's good she knew the landmarks!
I am so happy for you! I almost lost a tiel once...my brother-in-law was able to get her out of a tree.
Thank you so much! So scary to have your bird up so high. I wish they could fly down easier. I was trying to train her to fly down from a door in my house, but the most she ever managed was a few inches. I'm glad your brother in law was able to get your tiel down!

Yay, so glad to read a happy update. Absolutely fantastic. My own bird escape also had a happy ending, so sometimes it can happen. In my case, it was my own stupid fault and it was a lesson I'll never forget.

So happy for you
Thank you! I guess we all make mistakes, but it's great your bird came back safe!

Yaaay she is home:bliss:
I am verg happy she got back to you! It is so sweet that she knew to stick around and finally kind of found her way back^^
Thank you! I'm so grateful she didn't go far. I live near a lot of forests and open spaces, so looking around was like looking for a needle in a haystack!
How is she today?
Luckily she seems okay. She is eating and resting a lot, but not too skinny or anything. I'm going to weigh her in a bit. Her feet either have the start of bumblefoot or some dark spots from sap. I'm thinking sap, but I'll keep an eye on them. She's beak grinding as I write this!:heart:
I'm so happy for you and for Cappuccino. She wanted to come home and she did.
Thanks so much! So true, she really wanted to come home. It must be so hard for them to be so close, but not know how to make it happen. I couldn't believe the way she came soaring over my house yesterday. What a good, brave, strong girl!
Oh my gosh!!!! I am so, so, so happy she is home!!!! :heart::heart::heart:
I am sure the entire flock is thrilled!
:grouphug2:
Thanks! That's the funny thing, Twilight and Sunset seemed really happy when she was gone. Twilight especially. He was talking more and more active. I guess it makes sense, because Cappuccino is kind of a bully lol!
Oh thank gods! I was watching this thread with my heart in my throat~I pray this never happens to us. This would be my worst nightmare.
Thank you! Yes, it was just awful. Keep your babies safe!
omg what great news to wake up to!!! That's wonderful!! I am sooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!!!!! Does Sunset wear a harness when she is sitting on your arm on the deck?
Thank you so much! I have two covered decks that I put netting around so they can't get out. I also have an area in my yard that I covered and secured for their use. Also, I never leave them unsupervised in these areas.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's absolutely wonderful news. So glad for you that she came back home.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So I weighed her. She was 95 grams, but now she's 82. That's about 14%, but she's really eating a ton today. She seems perfectly fine in every other way, thank goodness. She's amazing!:heart:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am so happy that she is home. This post made my day!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is wonderful news!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So why can't birds fly down?

Elrav

Meeting neighbors
So why can't birds fly down?
I think it's because most pet parrots aren't used to flying downwards because usually just fly up or vertical in their normal environment (in your house). This results in them either not being used to flying downwards (don't know how or know if it's possible) or not having the proper muscles to fly downwards (maybe flying downwards uses different muscles?). I don't actually know, just some theories. Plus, if they have rarely/never flown downwards before, I doubt they would want to try something new when they are in an unfamiliar environment (outside).

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
So happy for you and Cappaccino!