• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Come Home Cappuccino! UPDATE

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My husband had Cappuccino on his shoulder on Thursday evening, which is unusual, and he forgot she was there and went outside. She is fully flighted now, and she flew off and went into a nearby pine tree. I've been playing a recording of my other birds tweeting, which gets her excited and she starts flying in big circles. She always lands in a tall pine tree somewhere, but she keeps getting farther away. I can't get her down. I've put millet out, I've put her cage in various spots, including our roof, but she just sits at the top of these really tall trees. Then it rained hard this evening, and it's getting into the 40's at night. I'm just worried sick. She's starving, cold and exhausted I'm sure, poor little baby. I can't rest knowing she's out there getting weaker and weaker. Hubby feels awful, and he's trying so hard to get her back also. I hope tomorrow is the day she comes home, and she's not really sick or anything.:sad2:

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Oh nooo
I'm so sorry, my heart dropped when I saw your post :sad10:

Keep trying to call her down. Shake her treat container or bag. Keep that cage in her sight

Have someone alert all your immediate neighbors, print out fliers to post around the area. Preferably not you so you can focus on getting her to come down, and track her whereabouts. Alert all vets, shelters/rescues/sanctuaries and pet stores. Put fliers at grocery stores, Starbucks, even some pizza places accepted fliers from us. Make a Parrot Alert, Craigslist ad, and post in your city's FB community page and surrounding cities + any lost/found pet pages.

Get up before the sun rises, you have a good chance of hearing her and maybe working on encouraging her down. If she doesn't know how to fly down, maybe backup a distance so she can slowly glide downwards to you.

Maybe give my thread on Pepper a read, lots of advice there.

I really hope you can get her back. I'm still hoping I see Pepper..

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Oh no. Please come home Cappuccino.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry! I hope she soon is home again and don't give up hope.
Do you still see her? If so and you have tried everything already, try to frighten her (not you, someone else) so she flies to another place (or to you for protection) that can be better to catch her.
If she is weak and cold that can be the solution to get her down.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Poor Cappuccino!!! :( She must be so confused!

If she is at the point where she is exhausted, do you think she would sit tight and allow someone in a cherry picker to get close enough to get her? I know that indoor birds have a hard time flying down, so I am sure she is trying to fly down to you but has no idea how.

Hang in there.
:sadhug2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh NO! I just saw this!!!

You know my hubby did the same, and we got our fid back right? Hang in there.

:sadhug2:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I hope she comes down soon! Keep trying! The 3rd day is when they are most likely to land on someone as they will be getting very hungry. :sadhug2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear this. Yes, if you can get up high that will help a lot. Flying down is a skill they don't get to practice often. Keep up your faith! If you can still see her that's 75% of the battle!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I know you are sick in your heart about her flying off. Can you get the cage up high? (if it is a small one) Could a ladder be used to reach her? I would not hesitate to call a fireman and ask about their ladders. Praying for her safe return.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry that she took off. Keep up the effort and try to keep her in sight.
Come home Cappuccino, come home.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
oh no! I hope with all my heart you get her back today :heart:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I'll be praying too. Let's hope you can reach her today!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
If you or hubby is capable climb the tree with something to put her in safely and retrieve her. I climbed two trees when Lurch escaped and actually touched him but just then a crow flew by and he spooked :( All he wanted to do was have me scritch his head but I just couldn't quite safely grab him to that point.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you are able to get your bird down from the tree and that she will be back home soon.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for what you and Cappuccino are going through and I hope you can get her back home today!! :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Oh no, I am so sorry! I hope you can get her down today. I'll be praying for you guys!