• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Come Home Cappuccino! UPDATE

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Praying hard! Come home Cappuccino!

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She's home!! Thank you everyone for your prayers, it really means a lot.:heart: I couldn't believe it today, I was sitting on my back deck, and Sunset was on my arm. I asked her if she thought Cappuccino was alive or not, and where I should look. A minute later, from far away and from the opposite direction she was flying around in the last few days, I hear her calling. She got closer and closer, and I see her coming from off in the distance flying straight to our house. She flew right over it and landed in a tall pine. She kept flying in huge circles from tree to tree. It was like she was getting panicky. She finally flew to a low roof. I stood on a rock and reached up while showing her treats. It took about 30 minutes, and I was so worried she would fly to another tall tree, but she finally flew to my head! She was so hungry and thirsty when she got home, but I think she seemed okay. I'm so happy thinking of her snug in her sleep cage all warm, safe, and with food and water. She was out there for 96 hours, and I got her in just before it started raining again. I know we are both going to sleep good tonight!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
OH man that is so awesome:dance4:I bet she never wants to do that again and the protocol at your house has been adjusted. So glad we have a happy ending, stuff her full of her favorite junk food and give her lots of love and scritches for all of us.

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
That's wonderful!!!
I'm so happy for you both, amazing. Good girl staying in the area too, that's great she hung around and could make it home with your help. :hug8:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
YAYYY! :dance55::dance55::dance55:I am so happy for the two of you! :hug8:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Omg I am so thankful she came back to you!!

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Yay, so glad to read a happy update. Absolutely fantastic. My own bird escape also had a happy ending, so sometimes it can happen. In my case, it was my own stupid fault and it was a lesson I'll never forget.

So happy for you

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Oh thank goodness. I am so glad Cappuccino made it home.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She's home!! Thank you everyone for your prayers, it really means a lot.:heart: I couldn't believe it today, I was sitting on my back deck, and Sunset was on my arm. I asked her if she thought Cappuccino was alive or not, and where I should look. A minute later, from far away and from the opposite direction she was flying around in the last few days, I hear her calling. She got closer and closer, and I see her coming from off in the distance flying straight to our house. She flew right over it and landed in a tall pine. She kept flying in huge circles from tree to tree. It was like she was getting panicky. She finally flew to a low roof. I stood on a rock and reached up while showing her treats. It took about 30 minutes, and I was so worried she would fly to another tall tree, but she finally flew to my head! She was so hungry and thirsty when she got home, but I think she seemed okay. I'm so happy thinking of her snug in her sleep cage all warm, safe, and with food and water. She was out there for 96 hours, and I got her in just before it started raining again. I know we are both going to sleep good tonight!
Fantastic news!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yaaay she is home:bliss:
I am verg happy she got back to you! It is so sweet that she knew to stick around and finally kind of found her way back^^