• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
If you get him used to being towelled they just seem to accept it and stay quietly waiting for whatever.
this is a picture of Leroy having her meds when she was ill and needed attention regularly.
she trust me enough to wrap her in a towel and we make a game of it to keep her used to it. We always use the same old blue towel as believe it or not she freaks out at the colour red in any thing. Greys, as Bonnie will say you have to love them! good luck.:hug8:

Attachments

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
thnx everyone i tried toweling him a couple of times before for nail trims but he freakes at that too....that video is really helpful danita thnx...
ann u r right i should probably use one towel in particular to make him feel more comfortable. i think i just need to make him used to it

thnx sarah

now i just need to know if the amount of med i showed in the pic is ok or not?
yes gary suggested .15ml but its hard to figure out in a 2.5 ml syringe i'm going with the 1/8 concept but just need to know if i did it right or not...?

:hug8:

WingedVictory

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Hi,

You really need a 1ml syringe. Try calling around to a pharmacy or maybe a feeds store and see if they have any. Using the 2.5ml is a bad idea. If you have to use it, make sure you are giving only 1/8 of the 1ml marking, (.15ml),which would only be 1.5 lines up on the syringe in the picture. Please notice how small the syringe An is using with the Afrcan Grey a couple of posts back, that is a 1ml syringe. It would be helpful if you could tell us th weight of your bird.

gary

Status
Not open for further replies.