• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chicks

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I just thought I'd share a few pics of the chicks that I have right now. They are officially at my absolutely favourite stage of life, when their feathers are half way in and they don't look like tiny dinosaurs anymore.

These three are from Sweetie Pie and Blaze (Parents are the first pic)

Chick #1 is a Yellowface II Albino (Creamino)

Chick #2 is a Lutino

Chick #3 looks like it will be another Yellowface II, spangle, and possibly a combination Pied, I'll have to wait for some more feathers to come in.

I also have one very special chick who will be staying with me, he is split for a rare mutation called Fallow. I can't wait to see some more of his colours come in, right now I see a tiny hint of a beautiful turquoise, and he has inherited mom's Yellowface gene as well.

Parents are Twitter and Dewy.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful babies. Thanks for sharing.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Wonderful photos and so adorable! Never seen those colors in a budgie before. Amazing! Thank you for sharing!

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Oh my...look at the sweet little face on the fallow!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Adorable babies! :faint:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So very cute :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on the split fallow that you are keeping!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Wish I had room for more. Your babies are so so sweet.

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Awww! Do you breed and sell birds/budgies?
Yes I do. I only have budgies, so I can focus all my attention on making sure that I am doing the very best that I can. I have a very selective breeding "program" (I feel funny calling it that!) and it has taken me years of selective breeding to get to where I am now with my Fallows. By springtime, I'll be selling my first batch of hand raised Fallow babies. (All others have either stayed with me, or have been given to another breeder friend of mine in Toronto) They have all been bred in my home, and I'm very excited for springtime!!!

Congratulations on the split fallow that you are keeping!
Thank you! He will need a name, something spectacular to go with the colours coming out in him.

Wish I had room for more. Your babies are so so sweet.
Thank you very much!

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
It was a very exciting weekend at my place! All of the chicks have now been reserved and will be going to fabulous new homes when they are weaned and ready.

Chick #1 and #2 will actually be going to the same home, one for each child. The kids were so eager to ask questions and learn about their new pets. Mom already has lots of bird experience from the past, so she will be a great help with teaching the kids everything they need to know. Even Grandma came with the family, and she will be getting a chick herself in the springtime.

Both of the Ino chicks will be going to this family.

The other family that came was so cute! This chick will be for their daughter who was super excited. Every chick that I put in her hand, she would exclaim "This one! This is the one I choose!" LOL. She eventually settled on chick #3 because he was the most cuddly.

And finally the last chick that is split for Fallow. This chick is actually female, and she may not be staying with me after all. I have a breeder friend in Toronto that she may be going to, along with one of my springtime male Fallow chicks, so that she can have a breeding pair of Fallows. In exchange, i will be getting a breeding pair of English budgies from her.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
What can I say, they are just so beautiful.... Such pretty colors! Congratulations

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am completely in awe. . All of them are so precious. I really like the last one best.
The people getting your birds are very lucky. You will love the EB. I sure do. Do you have a photo of the pair yet?

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I am completely in awe. . All of them are so precious. I really like the last one best.
The people getting your birds are very lucky. You will love the EB. I sure do. Do you have a photo of the pair yet?
thank you! The last one is my fave as well.

I don't have any photos of the English yet, as they haven't been hatched. LOL. Patience is really hard right now because I'm too excited! She has one pair sitting on eggs right now, and the other pair is still bonding. So it looks like I'll be still waiting a while.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh good they will be young. Please be sure to test both parents for AGY as it is so prevalent in our sweet budgies. :heart::heart: