• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Charlie's future play stand

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
You may have some issue s w/ the vet wrap now that its getting warmer. I've already had Buddy's wrapped rope perch get tacky & feel sticky. I may just wrap this perck in a garbage bag to keep dust off & light off, & put it in my basement for the summer. I just wanted to wait to have to buy another boing. His wood dowel can go back in for now.

It's really easy to wrap hemp unwaxed cord on PVC. I used Hemptique brand on his window/shower perch. I'm in the process of taking an old laundry sorter pvc stand & converting it for him & it's half wrapped now. I just sprayed it down, like you said w/ vinegar-water mix.

hemptique cord - Walmart.com

You can buy colored or plain & it can be purchased @ walmart too! I'd say w/ your perch, start w/ @ least 2 spools. I usually dont say Walmart for everything, but I'm kind of mad @ amazon this week. It just took 2+ weeks to get rice stir fry noodles from them because I'm not a "Prime" member. I only purchased them this way as getting to the grocery store has been difficult & when I finally got there I forgot to put them on my list.

Sorry, I think I'm rambling now.

:gbh:

Thank you for the tips! Fortunately the stand will be in our basement living room and we have AC so I shouldn't have any issues, but if I do I'll try rope out!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Or your lucky! Thats the perfect combo. Oh, try to keep it away from direct sunlight. I read that it breaks natural rubber down much faster.

Not that I can picture Sparkle hanging & playing in that scenario for very long.

:hug8:

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Or your lucky! Thats the perfect combo. Oh, try to keep it away from direct sunlight. I read that it breaks natural rubber down much faster.

Not that I can picture Sparkle hanging & playing in that scenario for very long.

:hug8:

It will be away from direct sunlight ;) Thanks for the tips!