• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Charlie's future play stand

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
I will say that all toys are in some way dangerous to them.
The worst damage I seen lately for what you can think of is a pretty safe toy is made by a paper roll.
Just to ease your mind a bit, he taps the glass table harder, the tube amplified the sound quite a bit. The tube was used to hold food grade wrap, under ISO 14000 specifications everything involved in the food grade wrap is food safe.

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
As one of the bird toy makers on the forum, can I say how much I LOVED seeing that you actually designed and diagramed the play gym before going about building it? Way to go and it looks awesome to me! Would love to see the end result! :jillone:

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
As one of the bird toy makers on the forum, can I say how much I LOVED seeing that you actually designed and diagramed the play gym before going about building it? Way to go and it looks awesome to me! Would love to see the end result! :jillone:
Thank you!! I will definitely share the result :)

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Tadah!! Here is the close-to-final product :) Still need to add the toys and climbing net, it's bigger than I thought but hey, more space for more toys! hehe :)
By the way, I used self adherent wrap from the pharmacy thats intended for human use, its safe for birds, right?

Attachments

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
self adherent wrap from the pharmacy thats intended for human use, its safe for birds, right?
it is! I order it as "vet wrap" or "sports wrap" in bulk from Amazon. Sometimes one name is cheaper, sometimes the other name is. :smuggrin: It's the same product. :shrug2:

Nice job on the stand. :thumbsup:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If there are any horse tack stores or tractor supply stores, you can get vet wrap for pretty cheap there too.
The places I go to (Tractor Supply and sometimes a local feed store), I can get it for under 2$ a roll, which is so much better than paying 5$ or more a roll like I used to when I got it on amazon!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
It looks great!!
Thank you! :)
it is! I order it as "vet wrap" or "sports wrap" in bulk from Amazon. Sometimes one name is cheaper, sometimes the other name is. :smuggrin: It's the same product. :shrug2:

Nice job on the stand. :thumbsup:

Glad it's the same! Thanks!

If there are any horse tack stores or tractor supply stores, you can get vet wrap for pretty cheap there too.
Unfortunately there isn't, thats why I went to the pharmacy :) But thanks for the suggestion!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
The places I go to (Tractor Supply and sometimes a local feed store), I can get it for under 2$ a roll, which is so much better than paying 5$ or more a roll like I used to when I got it on amazon!
I was shocked about how much it was on Amazon, growing up with horses, I'd never seen anyone charge so much for vet wrap.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm so excited. We just moved & finally have a Tractor Supply nearby. Thanks for the tip! That's about the same price I get on Amazon, but their prices fluctuate & the colors are random. Sometimes they're just awful. Thankfully Buzzard doesn't care, but I do! :shy:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I'm so excited. We just moved & finally have a Tractor Supply nearby. Thanks for the tip! That's about the same price I get on Amazon, but their prices fluctuate & the colors are random. Sometimes they're just awful. Thankfully Buzzard doesn't care, but I do! :shy:
No problem :) I prefer the 3M stuff, I find other brands tend to either get really sticky and goopy over time or they aren't self-adhesive enough. I can't walk out of there without at least 3 rolls of the stuff, that place is dangerous, lol.

There's a feed store about half an hour from my house that has it, we go there a lot because Roxie has a person there who she just adores. A lot of their store is farm supplies (very rural area) but they have some dog stuff, so we'll get a toy for Roxie and some vet wrap for the bird.

And you can take your dogs to Tractor Supply, too. We go all the time with Roxie, she likes walking around and meeting people. It's nice that we can take her with.

Edit: oopsie wrong quote!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you! :)

Glad it's the same! Thanks!

Unfortunately there isn't, thats why I went to the pharmacy :) But thanks for the suggestion!

Try walmart.com
I believe the ten or 12 pack I bought was under or close to $2 a roll. I believe I searched for vet wrap. I never thought about a different lookup tho.Try

it looks great. I advise anywhere Sparkle's mouth will touch to vet wrap. I did a bunch of research on pvc & often there are issues w/ lead being in or on it. The only way to avoid that is pvc called (furniture grade).

:bighug:

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Try walmart.com
I believe the ten or 12 pack I bought was under or close to $2 a roll. I believe I searched for vet wrap. I never thought about a different lookup tho.Try

it looks great. I advise anywhere Sparkle's mouth will touch to vet wrap. I did a bunch of research on pvc & often there are issues w/ lead being in or on it. The only way to avoid that is pvc called (furniture grade).

:bighug:

Thanks! I'll check Walmart out! And yes, I definitely will vet wrap everywhere Charlie could chew, and disinfect the rest with vinegar & water just in case :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You may have some issue s w/ the vet wrap now that its getting warmer. I've already had Buddy's wrapped rope perch get tacky & feel sticky. I may just wrap this perck in a garbage bag to keep dust off & light off, & put it in my basement for the summer. I just wanted to wait to have to buy another boing. His wood dowel can go back in for now.

It's really easy to wrap hemp unwaxed cord on PVC. I used Hemptique brand on his window/shower perch. I'm in the process of taking an old laundry sorter pvc stand & converting it for him & it's half wrapped now. I just sprayed it down, like you said w/ vinegar-water mix.

hemptique cord - Walmart.com

You can buy colored or plain & it can be purchased @ walmart too! I'd say w/ your perch, start w/ @ least 2 spools. I usually dont say Walmart for everything, but I'm kind of mad @ amazon this week. It just took 2+ weeks to get rice stir fry noodles from them because I'm not a "Prime" member. I only purchased them this way as getting to the grocery store has been difficult & when I finally got there I forgot to put them on my list.

Sorry, I think I'm rambling now.

:gbh: