• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Casey's and Keno's Vet appt

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Casey was back at the vet on Friday because I noticed that his droppings had become polyuric. This started a few days after his vet visit a few weeks ago, then droppings were normal again, and then polyuric again. He had blood drawn for a blood panel and then choanal and cloacal swabs for culture and sensitivity. Vet called on Sat. to tell me that the blood results were within normal limits. Still waiting on the results of the cultures.

Keno's nails looked like hooks. She tends to just perch on her main perch. She has other perches and also a cement grooming perch but she has not been using those. She went in for a pedicure.

Casey after his blood draw and swabbing:
casey 3-19 vet.jpg
There is a small amount of blood in his dropping but that can happen after a cloacal swab. Checked his droppings at home later and no blood. He looks a bit disheveled after the procedures.

Keno waiting for her pedicure.
keno vet 3-19.jpg

Not happy about being at the vet and also not happy about having her photo taken:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Glad the visit went well!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad everything checked out so far. I hope your fids continue to be Ok. Keep us updated pls.

Keno looks like a little fluffy bull charging he's/she's? Really super pee'd off. Hope there's a chilling period & not to mad when Keno gets out. I'd hate to have the brunt of that anger.

:gbh:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad everything checked out so far. I hope your fids continue to be Ok. Keep us updated pls.

Keno looks like a little fluffy bull charging he's/she's? Really super pee'd off. Hope there's a chilling period & not to mad when Keno gets out. I'd hate to have the brunt of that anger.

:gbh:

Thanks.
When we arrived home I let Keno out of her carrier and she hopped upstairs, went into the bird room and then I picked her up and put her back in her cage to rest and recuperate. She was actually fine at the vet's until the vet started examining Casey. She didn't like that at all. She was being protective of her "brother". She continued to be upset when he was taken to the back. She is usually OK with me taking photos but Casey being handled by the vet really upset her. Also, this was not our usual vet, who was completing a surgery. I was OK with that because I like the other vet, too.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I’m glad all went well!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hoping everything turns out well for Casey! Is he easy for you to put in the crate? Keno is pretty cute!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope everything is okay with Casey. And I think we need more Keno pics!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hoping everything turns out well for Casey! Is he easy for you to put in the crate? Keno is pretty cute!!!
In order to get him in the carrier I have to get a large towel, have him step up on that and then can put him inside. Sometimes he doesn't want to step up on the towel, though. If he sees the carrier he won't come out of the cage on his own or he will climb to the top and then it's hard for me to reach him. He is very grumpy in the AM which is the time we usually go to appts. so I am not going to have him step up on my arm/hand because I can guarantee I will get bit. He chills out later on and will step up without any issues. He doesn't like to step up on sticks/dowels. Thanks re: Keno.
I'll try to get more photos. She isn't always willing to pose. I'm trying to get her to stay still (hahaha) so I can get a good profile photo that I can then use as a guideline for sketching a cockatoo. I want to use that as part of a bracelet design.

And thanks to both of you re: Casey.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
In order to get him in the carrier I have to get a large towel, have him step up on that and then can put him inside. Sometimes he doesn't want to step up on the towel, though. If he sees the carrier he won't come out of the cage on his own or he will climb to the top and then it's hard for me to reach him. He is very grumpy in the AM which is the time we usually go to appts. so I am not going to have him step up on my arm/hand because I can guarantee I will get bit. He chills out later on and will step up without any issues. He doesn't like to step up on sticks/dowels. Thanks re: Keno.

I'll try to get more photos. She isn't always willing to pose. I'm trying to get her to stay still (hahaha) so I can get a good profile photo that I can then use as a guideline for sketching a cockatoo. I want to use that as part of a bracelet design.

And thanks to both of you re: Casey.
I know what you mean. Elvis won't stay still for a picture and then after so long he just gets completely annoyed and won't even look at me. I'm not sure what he thinks my camera phone is but he doesn't like it.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Fingers crossed for the cultures. Glad all was good with the rest.
Thanks. Still haven't got the results from the cultures.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Culture results are in: Casey was diagnosed with a Klebsiella infection. :(
He is now on Ciprofloxacin once a day for 7 days.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor Casey. :sadhug2:
I agree. She's quite a pistol! :auntiegg:

I'm trying to get her to stay still (hahaha) so I can get a good profile photo that I can then use as a guideline for sketching a cockatoo.
Elvis won't stay still for a picture
My best shots of the birds are all screen shots of videos I take with my phone. I just pause the video & most phones have a screen grab function. Then I can tilt, crop, etc. ;)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@faislaq That's a good idea with taking screen shots from the videos. At home I like to use my regular cameras for taking photos of the birds. One does video but not great video. I think my cell phone does better video. Keno likes to back off when I try to take photos. At least she doesn't scream at the camera like Cody.

A pistol...you have two of those, don't you? :D

Was not fun giving Casey the medication this evening. He came over to me and I tried to give him the Cipro but he spit the first drop out and then grabbed onto the tip of the syringe. I thought he broke it off but he didn't. Then he ran away, wouldn't step up and I had to catch him with a towel. I finally got the rest of the medication into him. I'm glad this is only once a day.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know what you mean. Elvis won't stay still for a picture and then after so long he just gets completely annoyed and won't even look at me. I'm not sure what he thinks my camera phone is but he doesn't like it.
My red-bellies like the camera phone as well as the regular camera. They like watching movies on the phone and run up to the regular camera and look directly into the lens. I want to get a faster lens for the camera that I generally use for taking the birds' photos. I thought I knew what I wanted but still debated and then the price increased.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Culture results are in: Casey was diagnosed with a Klebsiella infection. :(
He is now on Ciprofloxacin once a day for 7 days.
Oh, No! I'm sorry poor Baby! I didn't know what the infection was. When I looked it up it seems to have so many different types that some seem like a mild infection & some seem the worst types. Was the vet able to explain where they thought it may have come from?

I'd never heard of it until today w/ birds. Maybe I just haven't read enough posts yet... I had heard of them getting different types like staph. Just not called Klebsiella.

:bluhug: